Author Topic: Here is where you start  (Read 5509 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Here is where you start
« Topic Start: December 21, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
Character creation in Legends is already part of the gameplay. An Immortal gets created by starting his (or her) personal legend.

So here you can begin, by posting the first chapter of your characters personal legend. Remember that at this time the world has not yet been created. So keep it generic and don't reference any places or people in the world. All of those details can be added either to your personal story later, or as part of a public legend.

This is also a place for experimentation. If you are not yet sure how to write a story or chapter, post here and together we will make it great.

As soon as your character is created, i.e. the first chapter of his personal legend has been written and he has a name, (or she, you get it) you start the game with an initial pool of 10 Prime and 10 Purity. The initial Purity is especially meant to power the creation of the world. A single feature (river, mountain, forest, etc.) on the map costs 1 Purity to create. An island (anything less than 1000 km at its widest point) costs 3 Purity, a continent (anything bigger than an island) costs 5 Purity. Later on in the game, there will be a simple vector drawing tool where you can actually paint the features on the map where and how you want them to be. For now, describe the shape or submit any image or sketch of the shape you want, I will try to match it.

The map itself will be coming soon, I'm working on it. Anyway at this time it is empty. If I don't get it set up in time, I will simply post screenshots.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:41:11 AM by Tom »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Here is where you start
« Reply #1: January 01, 2018, 10:36:47 AM »
Creating entire classes of things can also be done with Purity. For example, if someone feels like making the creation of life, or day and night.
The Purity cost here should be judged in a similar line. 5 Purity for a constant, world-spanning creation (life, day and night). 3 Purity for a wide-spread thing (thunderstorms, love, war), 1 Purity for a more specific thing (the singing of birds, shadows cast by moonlight, the love of children for their parents).