Author Topic: Old Map  (Read 5528 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Old Map
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 02:54:51 AM »
The pre-blight BT map seems gone from the servers, which makes it a pain to reconstruct historical events.

So I uploaded it to the wiki. Had it on my HDD. http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/File:Beluaterra-Large-Details.jpg
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Old Map
« Reply #1: December 22, 2017, 03:33:38 AM »
Thanks. Always good to be able to keep archived versions of things.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 22, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »
The pre-blight BT map seems gone from the servers, which makes it a pain to reconstruct historical events.

So I uploaded it to the wiki. Had it on my HDD. http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/File:Beluaterra-Large-Details.jpg

Cool!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 22, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
Gods...so much history on that old map alone even before the blight. Sobering to think how long ago this change did happen....

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 22, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »
Gods...so much history on that old map alone even before the blight. Sobering to think how long ago this change did happen....

Yea, no kidding. The blight, for me, marked the beginning of the end. I can't bring myself to play there anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 12, 2018, 03:39:27 AM »
Thank you.

I thought that map was lost.

I miss that world, and wish we could bring it back somehow...

Especially now that Atamara is gone.  That was probably one of the better designed maps for the game, you know.  I would love to play on it again.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 30, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
I just noticed this map still wasn't linked by any page in the wiki so added it to the maps page and to the official Beluaterra page so people can see both it and the new map.

Thanks much for making it available to us.  :)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #7: December 31, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »
SO many cities! How many players were active on the island back then? Mustve been LOADS
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 01, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »
Well, for one thing two characters per player back then.

For another...many more players back then as well.

I don't know exactly, but those of us who are left are small in number compared to the past.  And the loss of second characters has made it the player population drop even more noticeable...

And yes.  In the past, all of those cities were inhabited and often fought over.