Author Topic: Prime Shards  (Read 1923 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Prime Shards
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »
How often can you do something with the shard you own? If you use it to do something permanent will your council be unable to do anything for awhile or will be you be able to constantly change the world once you own a shard? Or does having a shard just allows you to gain prime 3 times as quickly but allows you to make permanent changes?

Also what happens when you have more shards than your enemy council and use prime to try and revert permanent changes made by them?

If you want to create powerful mortals, do you need a shard?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Prime Shards
« Reply #1: December 22, 2017, 07:49:13 AM »
You don't do anything with shards directly. They generate a special type of Prime called Purity. This is what is used for especially large effects.

To create powerful mortals, you need Prime, not Purity. Purity is used only to "invent" new or make use of extraordinary effects.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 22, 2017, 08:23:29 AM »
Oh right purity. Forgot about that.

Can purity be used to create a new species? Or since only humans are allowed to be intelligent, will the immutable facts prevent me from making bears intelligent?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: December 22, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
Oh right purity. Forgot about that.

Can purity be used to create a new species? Or since only humans are allowed to be intelligent, will the immutable facts prevent me from making bears intelligent?

No, only humans exist. Purity cannot be used to modify the core rules. The idea behind "inventing" new effects is that I need something to limit people from coming up with new effects all the time, because new effects need code. Purity serves as that limit. It forces people to play with the existing / known effects first.