Author Topic: Apsu  (Read 2979 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Apsu
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
From the Void burst forth a Song of Dreamers, so now as infinitely before. Infinity bore the Seed of Creation's Womb, whose tireless chant churned the primeval sea of nothingness to coalesce dreaming gods and spirits without form. Of the Dreamers who bore the Songs of Creation, echoes of a Time before Time, Apsu was but One Voice among the Many. In a place beyond places, in the house of cosmic waters, dead Dreamers lay waiting. They who sang Creation into being, They who gave form unto the formless, whose ceaseless chant conferred dimension unto limitless Void. And so Apsu churned, and chanted, among the Countless and the Ceaseless, the gods and spirits beyond infinity by whose dreaming would coalesce existence once more.

(Does that work?)
---
[Apsu: Sumerian for "Beginning" ("One who exists from the beginning.")] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abzu
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Apsu
« Reply #1: December 22, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
Don't know about Tom but to me that looks good :D.

But yeah for my character I tried to avoid anything that wasn't written by Tom's Creation story. It just said prime split into four and that is how the world came to be. So I just avoided relating my character to anything I wasn't unsure about.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 22, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
Just sort of echoed the other character stories, including Tom's bit about other universes and such, in a poetic fashion. Plan was to flesh Apsu out and have him take consciousness, and form, in the next 2 chapters.

Well, as long as its allowed by the rules and all. Not a huge fan of the pre-formed consciousness bit, figured I'd go for a more ephemeral concept and evolve it alongside everyone else's beings.

Song = action, vibration, motion, thermodynamics/gravity/electromagnetism/physics

House of primeval water = bit of Sumerian/Akkadian creation myth.

Dreamers = generic term for us players/beings, bit of a shoutout to the community

Creation's Womb = poetic term for the birth of the universe
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: December 22, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
There is considerable leeway with poetic details. In the end, as long as you don't spend Prime on it, it isn't a fact, so it can be your interpretation or something like that.