Author Topic: Creation Myth  (Read 3556 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Creation Myth
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »
Noted Tom's comments on the island creation myth bit from Kalma's character.

Is there a particular limit to the island/continent/landmass creation? Since liquid bodies also contain life, unique geography, forces, etc, often alien to that of land, are we limited to land-based efforts or can we go all Cthulhu/Outer Gods on ya?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Creation Myth
« Reply #1: December 22, 2017, 01:15:25 PM »
Let's for now stay close to normality and experiment later. There is no particular limit to size, besides common sense. The planet as a whole is about Earth-sized, so there should be enough space.

And yes, that means the game world is an entire world, spherical and all. And yes, if you want you can detail it down to the street and building level. Tools for all of that will be available in the final game. Yes, that is insane, but I know how to make it happen.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 22, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
Quite intriguing. Look forward to what shall arise from the deep ;)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: December 22, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to start something in the "Work in Progress" board...

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 22, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to start something in the "Work in Progress" board...

Hmm. Do we get to vote/work on the creation myth together? If anything I'll start a thread with my character's story, maybe flesh it out, see if we can get a discussion going.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: December 22, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »
The Creation myth is no different from any other story in the game. One person starts as the author, writes a chapter, everyone can comment and vote, then the next person writes the next chapter.