yes
4 (80%)
no
1 (20%)
abstain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 28, 2017, 08:20:22 AM

Author Topic: Creation Myth: The Shapers  (Read 6976 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Creation Myth: The Shapers
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 03:25:46 PM »
Astalos' journey came to an end when it reached a blue sphere. It was the place which  attracted it since its awakening. The sphere was full of water but Astalos could see the earth underneath the body of water.

It was the first time Astalos was in contact with all four elements at once. It was very strange to see all the elements in such close proximity from each other.

Astalos originally was going to leave after finding out the source of the strange attraction but witnessing the elements working in such a strange harmony intrigued it greatly. It was confused by the thought of feeling intrigued as it had never felt such thing before. After all, it was simply a part of the whole up until recently. It could not understand something it had felt for the first time and was frustrated by the uncertainty of this new found feeling. When it became too overwhelming for Astalos, it looked around to let its frustration out. It wielded its power to pull the element of earth underneath the ocean to break the harmony of the elements which caused strange feelings it could not understand.

Astalos felt the element of earth bending before its power but its power was not enough to rip the element completely apart from others. In fact it was only enough to pull a large portion of the earth closer to the element of air. The earth stabilized and formed a large flat land that stretched from where Astalos was floating to the end of the horizon.

Dazzled by the change it made, Astalos came down from the sky to touch what it had just pulled from the bottom of the ocean. Some parts of the element were softer while other parts were harder. Astalos sat on the nearby where the element of earth felt more condensed to touch the element for the first time. Upon touching the earth, Astalos was engulfed by the elements around it, gaining itself a physical form. The element of earth formed its body, fire its eyes, water its veins, and air its voice. With its newly created body, Astalos spoke for the first time.

"Ardein"

The word was carried by the element of air across the world and later became the name for the continent Astalos stood on.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:35:26 AM by Lapallanch »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Legend 1: Shapers
« Reply #1: December 22, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »
Creating a continent was 5 purity I believe?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: December 22, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
Wonderful, thank you for making a start.

Now for gameplay, you should inclue a sketch or description of the shape and size of the continent. Also, in the future it will be important to write which chapter of which story this is. For now we only have one story, so it's implicitly clear.

The workflow is that with posting the story, the writing period is over and the 3-day discussion period starts. So let's discuss: I like it, if you add some details about the continent and especially NAME IT (names are important in stories!), I would vote yes.

Yes, a continent is 5 Purity.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 22, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
I will think of the first continent's name and shape when I get up. I am crazy and it is 8:30 am XD. Didn't go to bed for some reason but now I am tired finally :D

As for the shape of the continent, I will draw a few when I get up.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:23:18 AM by Lapallanch »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 23, 2017, 01:37:16 AM »

As for its size, I am going to go with all the continents put together so pretty much pangea. Might as well make the first continent big enough for people to play with. People can also save some purity by simply dividing the continent into smaller ones if they wish.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:21:13 AM by Lapallanch »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 23, 2017, 05:17:04 AM »
Was going to name it Alfendair but that felt way too long so just shrunk it down to Ardein.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: December 23, 2017, 06:43:03 AM »
Be gentle with me, guys. At the moment I have to trace these things by hand. :-)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 23, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Be gentle with me, guys. At the moment I have to trace these things by hand. :-)

Haha. I forgot. I will try to shave off the coastal lines and make them more rounder.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 23, 2017, 07:37:26 AM »

Here you go Tom. If you think it looks too simplistic, let me know. I am not sure how much you can handle so I made it as simple as possible.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:22:31 AM by Lapallanch »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: December 23, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
A bit more I can handle. Or depending on how you make this map, you can give me a b/w image and QGIS can trace the contour by itself.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 23, 2017, 08:44:37 AM »
A bit more I can handle. Or depending on how you make this map, you can give me a b/w image and QGIS can trace the contour by itself.

Here is b/w image of the map.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: December 23, 2017, 08:50:34 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean greyscale. I mean actually black and white only, so that the outline can be automatically detected. Perfect, of course, would be a vector format.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 23, 2017, 09:03:22 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean greyscale. I mean actually black and white only, so that the outline can be automatically detected. Perfect, of course, would be a vector format.

Oh that. Well I can certainly give it a shot. Guess I need to photoshop it.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 23, 2017, 09:21:11 AM »

How about this?

After doing some more work...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:31:24 AM by Lapallanch »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 23, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
I actually turned that into svg. Is that the vector you are talking about? I will send it to you by email.