Author Topic: Population of the continents and Battlemasterra  (Read 6401 times)

Daniel Coffey

• Marketing
  • Freeman
    • View Profile
Hi guys, new to the forums and haven't really been playing for that long, but I really like the game so far and hope it can go much further than it currently is at. There's great potential here, and I would love to be able to help with stuff, sadly I lack all knowledge of coding so probably can't. However, as an outsider from the grand history of it and the community, there's a few things I've seen that I reckon could do with changing if nothing else for quality of life.

In regards to this thread however, in case anyone is interested in a read: http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm

This article seems to be pretty legit as far as I can tell, and the numbers presented could make for some interesting adjustments to the BM world. I know this thread wasn't made with discussing/changing game mechanics in mind, but you never know. So here we are. It discusses a whole host of things which I shall now TL;DR

- Travel distance + Time required to travel
- Population Density per square mile
- Arable land (Food production in game)
- Masses of Economic features that are currently not represented, but could in a pinch make for Gold income in game?

Not sure if any of it will be taken aboard but maybe it'll act as food for thought. I have no idea how hard it would be to readjust population numbers to size of territories and even the size of the territories altogether, considering the earlier post by Antonine.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and thanks again for making Battlemaster the game it is!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:31:22 PM by Daniel Coffey »