yes
3 (60%)
no
2 (40%)
abstain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 28, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

Author Topic: Mikazuki Creation Myth: Chapter 1  (Read 3746 times)

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Mikazuki Creation Myth: Chapter 1
« Topic Start: December 22, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
When Rinne obtained his physical form, he gathered the light of the sun and from it he made a spear simply referred to as 'The Bejeweled Spear of Heaven'. With the sunspear, he hooked the blade into the Earth below the Water, and raised the lands above the waves. The First continent was in the shape of the Crescent Moon, and was thus called 'Mikazuki'. Next, Rinne lodged the spear into the center of the continent, where it became a beam of light that towered into the Heavens, unextinguished, like a beacon for all to see where progress has begun. This place was called 'Pyre'.

When the spear touched the center of the land, a massive earthquake shook Creation; the shape of the continent broke, and in the north west, the land fractured and became known as the Broken Isles. The currents at the southwestern island became so erratic it came to be known as the Maelstrom for it's unapproachable sheer cliffs and strong currents. The southeastern island became covered in frost and snow; But still, Pyre was warm and inviting, like the Eye of the Tempest. Because of all this, Mikazuki is sometimes called 'Tempest'.

Rinne divided a circle around the Spear into fourteen equal parts, and in each of the fourteen directions, he found a star, and named it; thus creating the Zodiac. Next, he divided the Primal elements, and Prime itself, into the general directions, for the weaving of magics:

The Element of Fire shall be the direction of South.
The Element of Earth shall be the direction of East.
The Element of Water shall be the direction of West.
The Element of Air shall be the direction of North.
Pyre shall be the seat of Prime.
The Zodiac shall divine the Fates.

Together, Pyre and the Zodiac shall unite the elements, and allow magic to flow.

Rinne then decreed, that all things under this Zodiac shall have a name and direction-- a Fate-- and that so long that the world whirls through the darkness of cosmos, under this Zodiac, it shall have Progress.

Rinne then fell asleep at the base of the spear, and came to be known as 'The Flame of Revolution', or 'The Lawgiver', by the first creations who will settle Pyre, and make it their Capital.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:13:21 PM by Weaver »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Mikazuki Creation Myth: Chapter 1
« Reply #1: December 23, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »
Mabe start with just the continent and add islands later? I have to input all of this by hand at this time.

Here's a trace of the mainland, overlayed on a world map for comparison:

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 23, 2017, 07:37:40 AM »
What software do you use to trace this? Perhaps I could make your life easier by just doing it myself? I am not quite exactly happy with how it looks right now, and I think it might be a bit too small to be a 'continent'. But it's so hard to draw proper detail into this software I am using.

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 23, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
How about this instead, at the size of say, Europe? If you look closely, you can still see the island I made earlier, except it's much, much, smaller now, and I suppose it will be central to the story.

I purposefully kept it as little detailed as I could to make it easier on you to trace it, but that is the general shape, with the most important part detailed in the previous picture.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: December 23, 2017, 08:38:09 AM »
I am using QGIS - https://www.qgis.org

I'm still experimenting myself on how exactly to do everything, that is what this prototype test is for.

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 23, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »
I'll start doing this in QGIS as well.

Also, am I to assume that if no one votes 'no' that this is still going to be approved?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: December 24, 2017, 03:42:27 AM »
I'll start doing this in QGIS as well.

Also, am I to assume that if no one votes 'no' that this is still going to be approved?

We are not voting yet. 3 days discussion, then 3 days voting. Once I have things automated, there will also be "fasttrack voting", i.e. people can already vote during the discussion and voting ends whenever it gets a majority.

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 24, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
I have the continent shapefile-- I am not yet very satisfied with it, but it's currently 3,000 kilometers across in width and height, with the small islands around the central and, really, most important part. I don't really know how to do the height data, or coloring for the biomes though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: December 24, 2017, 09:37:44 AM »
I have the continent shapefile-- I am not yet very satisfied with it, but it's currently 3,000 kilometers across in width and height, with the small islands around the central and, really, most important part. I don't really know how to do the height data, or coloring for the biomes though.

Don't do it. An outline is enough to get us started and then later on through more stories features such as rivers, mountains, forests, etc. get created.

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 24, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
Alright, I'll fix some of the straight lines, and then send it over to you.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: December 25, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »
Started on the 22nd, so comment period is over and voting period begins.