Author Topic: Geography Experiment  (Read 2495 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Geography Experiment
« Topic Start: December 23, 2017, 05:08:50 PM »
Noticed interesting parallels between the crescent-moon and the big pangea-style continent concepts.

Decided to "fill in the blanks", so to speak, accounting for some breakage, continental drift, etc, factoring in an idea that some sort of cosmic impact caused said breakage. (Happened to be researching impact influence on earth's formation of continents, and hypothetical Hadean Era organisms, so it came up.)

Pardon the horrible quality, everything was done in MS Paint. Had a little too much fun adding detail to the (sub?)continent I made. If anyone thinks the idea works out, I'll type up a little chapter for it. Otherwise, I'll just make something up from scratch like everyone else and hope we can figure out where to stick/orient everything down the road :P Actually... Are we designing multiple continents in parallel yet, or are we focused on a singular origin continent? A bit confused about that. Sorry.

https://imgur.com/a/5thly
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Geography Experiment
« Reply #1: December 23, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
Scroll down on the link, there's 4 or 5 images in sequence.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Weaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 23, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »
I don't know exactly where you are going with this, I don't really understand what your pictures mean... but go for it?

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 25, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
Effectively, filled in the space between the two current continent designs to create a 3rd continent.

There are certain parallels between one of the big continent's coasts and that of your own design, give or take a slight deviation accounted by volcanism / plate collision. By tracing these parallels then filling in the blanks, this 3rd continent was the result.

I know we're doing the whole magic bit but there's no harm in employing a bit of science, no? :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: December 25, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
I know we're doing the whole magic bit but there's no harm in employing a bit of science, no? :)

Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from science. ;-)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 27, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from science. ;-)

I'm very on the fence about whether this was deliberately a mistake or you being funny.
Like my programming? Become my patron!