Author Topic: The Shapers - Chapter 1 ( in LotW)  (Read 4215 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Shapers - Chapter 1 ( in LotW)
« Topic Start: December 28, 2017, 12:06:58 PM »
Astalos' journey came to an end when it reached a blue sphere. It was the place which  attracted it since its awakening. The sphere was full of water but Astalos could see the earth underneath the body of water.

It was the first time Astalos was in contact with all four elements at once. It was very strange to see all the elements in such close proximity from each other.

Astalos originally was going to leave after finding out the source of the strange attraction but witnessing the elements working in such a strange harmony intrigued it greatly. It was confused by the thought of feeling intrigued as it had never felt such thing before. After all, it was simply a part of the whole up until recently. It could not understand something it had felt for the first time and was frustrated by the uncertainty of this new found feeling. When it became too overwhelming for Astalos, it looked around to let its frustration out. It wielded its power to pull the element of earth underneath the ocean to break the harmony of the elements which caused strange feelings it could not understand.

Astalos felt the element of earth bending before its power but its power was not enough to rip the element completely apart from others. In fact it was only enough to pull a large portion of the earth closer to the element of air. The earth stabilized and formed a large flat land that stretched from where Astalos was floating to the end of the horizon.[Create Continent, 5 Purity]

Dazzled by the change it made, Astalos came down from the sky to touch what it had just pulled from the bottom of the ocean. Some parts of the element were softer while other parts were harder. Astalos sat on the nearby where the element of earth felt more condensed to touch the element for the first time. Upon touching the earth, Astalos was engulfed by the elements around it, gaining itself a physical form. The element of earth formed its body, fire its eyes, water its veins, and air its voice. With its newly created body, Astalos spoke for the first time.[Create Physical Form, 1 Prime]

"Ardein"

The word was carried by the element of air across the world and later became the name for the continent Astalos stood on.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:22:59 AM by Zakky »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Had she been more capable of thought, perhaps a better solution might have been found.  Had she been less-crippled, perhaps her effort would have gathered together all four of the...Elements...and restored them.

Perhaps.

But the agony of imbalance flaring through her was too great, her mind reeling as she writhed deep beneath the...Earth...and only three were brought together, bound with her own blood.  It was not the beauty, the eternal truth of Prime, but it soothed like a balm.

Fire, melting earth.  Earth, running like water.  Water, burning like fire.  And thus did the bones and body of the world gain veins [Create Lava, 3 Purity]+[Create Ore Veins, 3 Purity].  Hidden deep, far from the air.  And Quaranis wept in relief at the diminishment of her pain.  Her tears scattered throughout the veins [Create Gemstones, 1 Purity] as she wept for an unguessable time, lending their brittle beauty to the new blood of the world.

For a time, that was enough.

For a time.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Shouldn't Bedwyr's chapter be a separate thread?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
I was assuming each thread was a story, so multiple chapters would be multiple posts in the same thread.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I was assuming each thread was a story, so multiple chapters would be multiple posts in the same thread.

I think that is the case only when your chapter is the next chapter of the story. I thought your story was more of a standalone than an actual continuation of this story. Indirik's story is probably more related this story.

Since your creations actually affect everything and not just this continent, it probably should be a separate thread. Of course if lava tubes and other creations were only related to this continent, it probably is considered to be this story's continuation.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
When you start a new Chapter, you should know where it goes already. For clarity, when you start that new chapter, you should title it according to the accepted thread on the Legends board it will be part of, with the next sequential chapter number. If the Party legend has two accepted chapters, and you're going to write the next one, title your WIP thread as "Party, Chapter 3", not "Beer Bongs in the Front Yard, Chapter 1". This will make it easier for everyone to know where the chapter belongs, and what stories are open for new chapters.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

Each thread is a story, correct. Chapters would be posts in the same thread. But there were some comments and questions in this one when it was posted to the Legends board. Only the accepted story parts should be there.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
When you start a new Chapter, you should know where it goes already. For clarity, when you start that new chapter, you should title it according to the accepted thread on the Legends board it will be part of, with the next sequential chapter number. If the Party legend has two accepted chapters, and you're going to write the next one, title your WIP thread as "Party, Chapter 3", not "Beer Bongs in the Front Yard, Chapter 1". This will make it easier for everyone to know where the chapter belongs, and what stories are open for new chapters.

This exactly.

Much of this is due to us using a forum to play. This confusion will be gone when there is a game client.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I miss a shape or sketch of the continent to put it on the map. Did I just miss it?

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I miss a shape or sketch of the continent to put it on the map. Did I just miss it?

Don't think you are missing anything from here. You are definitely missing the second continent though that got accepted but hasn't moved to LotW.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
My understanding, apparently not correct, was that the "Creation Myth" was the story, and "The Shapers of the First Continent" was the name of the chapter.  My chapter was definitely part of the Creation Myth of the world.  If that is not how this works, then certainly I can start another story.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
My understanding, apparently not correct, was that the "Creation Myth" was the story, and "The Shapers of the First Continent" was the name of the chapter.  My chapter was definitely part of the Creation Myth of the world.  If that is not how this works, then certainly I can start another story.

If you check there is another creation myth called mizuki or something. That is another creation myth which doesn't fall under this one. Your creation myth is not related to the continent of Ardein alone. It affects everything. Just like how I did not put my animal + human creaiton myth under this one. If you want to write a chapter for this creation myth, you need to be smaller in scale like Indirik's. If your story directly shapes this continent and this continent alone, you can put it under this one. Otherwise its needs to be a standalone. To my understanding, your creation story should have its own thread. Don't misunderstand 'creation myth' part. Any story that involves creation of something large or significant should probably have that tag but at the end, I only put creation myth just so I remember that this story is a story about creating a continent.