yes
5 (100%)
no
0 (0%)
abstain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 04, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

Author Topic: Creation Myth: Animals and Men  (Read 6496 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Creation Myth: Animals and Men
« Topic Start: December 28, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Astalos flew over its creation watching over the vast brown that was pulled from the bottom of the vast blue. Due to being forcefully pulled out from the depth, Ardein was bleeding red  in various places. Red shores turned brown and black as they met crashing blue, creating steam to fog the shorelines. The view was seen differently in Astalos' eyes. In its eyes, earth it pulled from the depth was impure. It was already mixed with air and fire. They were simply trapped and were surrounded by earth.

Upon touching water, trapped elements were released and were mixed with water. Unlike the time when Astalos' body was created, it was more violent. Fire lifted water and mixed it with air while water pulled fire out of earth. Air broke free of earth leaving holes in earth. It all happened at once and to Astalos it looked like elements were dancing together. This mesmerizing view made Astalos stretch its right fingers to reach for it, touching the elements with its purity unconsciously[Create Life, 5 purity].

The elements gathered quickly around purity and formed a black sphere which continued to absorb elements around it. It pulsed like a beating heart and started to radiate heat. Astalos watched as the sphere grew from a pebble to a mountain. After a week, the sphere stopped growing and began to crack. Cracks spread until finally a chunk broke off from the bottom of the sphere.

On the first day, large chunks broke off from the sphere and formed large animals. They quickly moved away from the sphere and spread throughout the land
On the second day, top of the sphere broke apart and formed birds. They too flew away from the sphere and spread across the land.
On the third day, waves that were hitting the sphere broke a large portion close to the sea. The larger pieces became whales while smaller pieces became smaller fishes to fill the vast ocean.
On the fourth day, a strong wind carved bits off of the sphere all day. Small grain sized pieces broke off from the sphere and formed insects which rode the wind to spread far and wide.
On the fifth day, the sphere cooled and started to harden. Astalos watched the sphere all day but nothing happened. When the sphere stopped beating, Astalos tabbed the sphere with its fingertip and a tiny portion of prime entered the sphere which made the sphere beat once again.[Create Hero, 1 prime]
On the sixth day, from the spot where Astalos' fingertip touched, a crack formed. From the crack a man emerged. He began to pull more people from the sphere. However, unlike the first man who came out of the sphere on his own, people who were pulled from the sphere collapsed and panted heavily on the ground. They simply watched as the first man pulled more humans from the sphere. As more humans were pulled out of the sphere, it shrunk and when it reached a human size, it simply became another human. The first man who pulled others out of the sphere walked around, helping people stand on their two feet.

Over two weeks, led by the first man, they built a small settlement which they named it 'Lerikion'[Create Place, 1 prime] after the first man who named himself 'Lerikhir'.[/color]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:57:47 AM by Zakky »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Creation Myth: Animals and Men
« Reply #1: January 01, 2018, 06:20:30 AM »
Creation of elementals?  Seems like a thing that could happen, but not sure what that's like rules-wise.  They certainly can't be intelligent, but I guess non-intelligent elementals are possible.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: January 01, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
Elementals are fine as long as they are relatively rare and more like animals than humans. Thanks for the idea, I will update the core rules to reflect the fact that the world should be mostly like the real middle ages, i.e. we don't want fantasy creatures on every corner. However, some creatures being common in some places is fine with me, so if there is one area where people have earth elementals as workers - that's ok. The basic standard is that it should be unusual enough that visitors would mention it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: January 01, 2018, 10:38:20 AM »
Life would cost 5 Purity. Check https://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,8121.new.html which I just updated with new rules for abstract creations.

I'm not sure but it seems you want to create an elemental hero? Certainly possible, but remember it will have the intelligence of an animal.

Also naming a place is for free upon creating it (i.e. naming and creating are actually the same thing).

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 01, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
No. Sorry. I tried to make things vague but it seems people misunderstood. Ones that have one element more than others are animals. Humans are the ones that gathered around the one touched by prime. The one with prime is a human leader. Any feedback to make it more obvious?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: January 01, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »
How about writing it like that? Actual myths are not trying to be mythical, they are usually quite clear. "And on the xth day, $deity created Y."

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 01, 2018, 04:06:02 PM »
How about writing it like that? Actual myths are not trying to be mythical, they are usually quite clear. "And on the xth day, $deity created Y."

Was trying to explain how animals and men came to be but I guess that could work. The biggest problem I have is Astalos doesn't know what he is doing XD.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 01, 2018, 04:38:53 PM »
Ok changed a bunch. Let me know what you guys think about the new version.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 01, 2018, 06:25:59 PM »
There we are then.  I like the idea of the first one out helping the others, that's quite an interesting opening myth.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 01, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »
There we are then.  I like the idea of the first one out helping the others, that's quite an interesting opening myth.
Was trying to describe how mothers need some help getting their babies out.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 01, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »
Well-written and good visuals. I'm personally curious about the last man, in whose form the sphere's final vestige was collapsed. I could see that person later gaining ascended consciousness or becoming a hero themselves. I smell shenanigan opportunities... Cue rivalry of First and Final Man! (I'd call dibs but we'll see how fareth the vote)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 01, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »
Well-written and good visuals. I'm personally curious about the last man, in whose form the sphere's final vestige was collapsed. I could see that person later gaining ascended consciousness or becoming a hero themselves. I smell shenanigan opportunities... Cue rivalry of First and Final Man! (I'd call dibs but we'll see how fareth the vote)

You can definitely write about that guy XD. I actually did not think the way you did about the last guy. After reading the way you put the last guy, I definitely see some nice opportunities to expand the story.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: January 01, 2018, 11:09:38 PM »
Ok, 3 days over, let's start voting.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: January 02, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
Naming is for free, btw. When you create something, it always has a name. Creating and naming are the same act in storytelling.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 02, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »
You can definitely write about that guy XD. I actually did not think the way you did about the last guy. After reading the way you put the last guy, I definitely see some nice opportunities to expand the story.

Great, thanks! :) I'll tie him/her into my next post. Read somewhere (Tom's words) that we can become/create embodiments or forces like love, war, create religions, etc, so I'd like to create music and such, and tie that into the birth of dreams. What do you think, have the "Last Man" be a dreamer? Runt of the litter, more a thinker than a doer? I like the balancing act of it.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)