yes
4 (100%)
no
0 (0%)
abstain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 03, 2018, 08:29:14 AM

Author Topic: Creation Myth Chapter 2: Veins of the World  (Read 2623 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Creation Myth Chapter 2: Veins of the World
« Topic Start: December 28, 2017, 08:30:37 PM »
Heya all, I've put chapter 2 in but this can obviously be slotted in wherever.  Not sure what the cost of this would be, but happy to pay all 10 Purity if needed.

-----

Had she been more capable of thought, perhaps a better solution might have been found.  Had she been less-crippled, perhaps her effort would have gathered together all four of the...Elements...and restored them.

Perhaps.

But the agony of imbalance flaring through her was too great, her mind reeling as she writhed deep beneath the...Earth...and only three were brought together, bound with her own blood.  It was not the beauty, the eternal truth of Prime, but it soothed like a balm.

Fire, melting earth.  Earth, running like water.  Water, burning like fire.  And thus did the bones and body of the world gain veins [Create Lava, 3 Purity]+[Create Ore Veins, 3 Purity].  Hidden deep, far from the air.  And Quaranis wept in relief at the diminishment of her pain.  Her tears scattered throughout the veins [Create Gemstones, 1 Purity] as she wept for an unguessable time, lending their brittle beauty to the new blood of the world.

For a time, that was enough.

For a time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:19:52 AM by Bedwyr »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Creation Myth Chapter 2: Veins of the World
« Reply #1: December 28, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »
Is this about lava tubes?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 29, 2017, 12:11:02 AM »
Lava and ore veins, the tears being gemstones, yep. 
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: December 31, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
3 days of comments are over, activating voting.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 04, 2018, 03:21:15 AM »
Added my best guess as to the Purity costs of what I was doing, I figured 3 each for lava and ore veins as both widespread things on par with thunderstorms, and 1 for gemstones as a rarer, specific thing.  I'm happy to change any/all of those, however.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: January 04, 2018, 04:56:05 AM »
It was accepted, so please add it to the Legends of the World board.