Author Topic: Five years gone, whats changed?  (Read 3566 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Five years gone, whats changed?
« Topic Start: December 26, 2017, 07:52:52 AM »
Just as the topic header implies.

So I see everything has changed a lot since I was gone, at least in terms of the UI. Also hey, how is everyone, and how is the community doing?

Special hello to Vita, Anaris, Matt, Kelley, Chuong, Tali, Miri and a few others whom I haven't talked to in a million years.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Five years gone, whats changed?
« Reply #1: December 26, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
Welcome back, stranger :) Plenty has changed, quite frankly don't know where to begin! Can't pull up your user ID, what name did you go by? (Perhaps the admins can find you in the data files?)

First off, what realms were you a part of? You'll likely get a kick out of their ultimate fates, spinoffs, and the like.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 26, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »
Still the same game. Not much has changed except some quality of life changes.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 26, 2017, 10:37:12 AM »
Still the same game. Not much has changed except some quality of life changes.

What he means is, still the same awesome game! But a lot of new features.

Welcome back, by the way.

I see you started in Avernus (DWI), where I've sent you an entire OOC new introductionary message. Guess you don't need it if you're a returning player  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #4: December 26, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
I've noticed the UI is a lot better than it used to be, although it is sad so many files were lost. I keep finding broken links all over the place in the wiki, which is a shame given how much information is there. I notice a few of the continents have been cut down too to deal with the smaller player base.

Welcome back, stranger :) Plenty has changed, quite frankly don't know where to begin! Can't pull up your user ID, what name did you go by? (Perhaps the admins can find you in the data files?)

First off, what realms were you a part of? You'll likely get a kick out of their ultimate fates, spinoffs, and the like.

My old ID had been cleared out a while ago, I was the Haerthorne family on that as well, mainly in Arcaea though I spent some time in a few realms on the Far East, Beluaterra and Dwilight. I thought about going with a new family, but the old one is somewhat comforting to go by.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 26, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
Welcome back!

Sadly, Matt, Kelley, and Tali don't play anymore, though I believe Chuong quietly reappeared a while back.

You can see the recent changes in the Announcements subforum, organized more or less by date, then by importance or type (feature, bugfix, etc).

Currently working on some significant changes to the message system that will hopefully be much better received than Tom's "New Message System" back around 2006 or so was...hoping to have it ready to go live some time in January.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 26, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »
The core remains, but I'd say quite a lot has changed over the last 5 years.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron