Author Topic: Turin's return  (Read 7154 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Turin's return
« Topic Start: October 29, 2019, 08:53:18 AM »
Turin prepared another scathing rebuttal to Adam and as he did he coughed so violently it made him clench his eyes shut. When he opened them again he saw his parchment page splattered with blood.

He sighed and gazed out the window, reflecting on happier times. From the office of his manor he could his favorite hill, and atop it a pavilion with three peaked roofs sheltering three cushioned seats.

He remembered when Katrina had come to visit him so many months ago. He’d been sitting in the shade of the pavilion with Severina and Illyria. He heard Katrina’s footsteps on the cobblestone steps which wound their way up the hill. The sound roused him from his meditation upon the Maddening star

He turned to see Katrina’s smiling face creased with age though it was, her eyes still shown brightly, or at least to Turin they did. He could see an aura about her, as he could for all people, and hers was a warm red but somewhat more faint and wispy than others.

“Katrina,” he greeted, “it’s been too long. This is Illyria and of course the young Prophetess Severina”

The two made an imposing pair. They had the same dark hair and piercing crystal blue eyes. Severina was not quite five years of age yet she sat still and patient her face placid. It gave her an air of serenity, wisdom and dignity few adults can project.

Katrina curtseyed, “My lady, your holiness,”

“Indeed it has been too long brother,” replied Katrina, “What is this you’ve built here?”

Turin smiled with pride as he answered.

“I call it an Astro-oculus. It is my preferred space for meditating upon the stars. I think they will become quite common in the future,”

“Turin has been contemplating the Maddening, it is his patron,” Severina interjected, “mother is attuned to the Austere. I am balanced with all so I chose the Auspicious.”

“Would you like to mediate with Holy Severina,” Illyria offered as she rose from her cushion.

“It would be a privilege of course,” Katrina replied.

Katrina took her place beside Severina and she whispered something to Katrina, something Turin could not hear. Then the three sat for a brief time in perfect peace.

There was no peace now, not for the church and not for Turin. Yet one might know peace soon enough.