Author Topic: Automatic Bans  (Read 4389 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Automatic Bans
« Topic Start: July 15, 2011, 07:15:30 PM »
I don't know if a stumbled upon a bug or something.

My character was member of Cathay on FEI, and then joined Arcachon. Despite the realms having neutral relations to eachother, the character got no automatic ban from Cathay.

Has the code changed? I remember getting bans even for joining a realm which the original realm had "peace" with and still getting an automatic ban.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Bans
« Reply #1: July 15, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
How did you join the realm?

Changing allegiance (swearing fealty to a new lord), will, I believe, not ever give you an autoban.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 15, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
How did you join the realm?

Changing allegiance (swearing fealty to a new lord), will, I believe, not ever give you an autoban.

If you join a realm your original realms is at war with, it really should. You are, after all, betraying everything, your realm and your word to your liege. At the very least, the judge should have an option to enact a ban on such a person.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 15, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »
I don't know if a stumbled upon a bug or something.

My character was member of Cathay on FEI, and then joined Arcachon. Despite the realms having neutral relations to eachother, the character got no automatic ban from Cathay.

Has the code changed? I remember getting bans even for joining a realm which the original realm had "peace" with and still getting an automatic ban.

Holy !@#$, when's the last time you switched realms? That changed *years* ago. Like in 2007 or so. Guess you must have really liked the realms you played in.  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 16, 2011, 12:09:22 AM »
Yeah, no one gets an auto-ban from a realm anymore.

The only exception is a duke who secedes a city is auto-banned from the parent realm. That's it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 16, 2011, 01:29:46 AM »
Had my characters paused for a really long time, just came back so I'm a little fuzzy on some things that have changed :p

Ah, I see, cool.

He joined Arcachon by going to their capital and joining as a "noble", not by swearing fealty.

House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 16, 2011, 03:38:02 AM »
Yeah, no one gets an auto-ban from a realm anymore.

The only exception is a duke who secedes a city is auto-banned from the parent realm. That's it.

Are you sure of that? AFAIK, Fulco doesn't have a ban from PeL on his head for seceding Giask.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 16, 2011, 03:38:52 AM »
Are you sure of that? AFAIK, Fulco doesn't have a ban from PeL on his head for seceding Giask.

Was he the one who seceded or was he kicked out?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 16, 2011, 03:55:00 AM »
He seceded on his own.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 16, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
No, I'm not sure about it. But someone posted on the forums not too long ago, and had a link to their family page showing the ban they got for seceding. Never done it myself, so I don't know. Check the family history for the guy that seceded Aurvandil on Dwilight.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 16, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »
Mendincant doesn't have a ban for seceding Candiels. Checked Fulco's history, no ban for seceding Giask. Same for Allison when she seceded Aegir.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 16, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
It doesn't show up in history that you get banned. It just says you've seceded, but you do get the ban on your head.

2010-07-27      Khaludh      Seceded from the realm and founded Meridian Republic.
2011-01-15      Khaludh      Ban from Riombara lifted by Trahern.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 16, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »
Same for Allison when she seceded Aegir.
Yes, Allison did get a ban for seceding Aegir. Like Telrunya says, it must just not show up on your family history page.