Author Topic: Lurian Resurgence  (Read 28706 times)

Archival

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Resurgence
« Reply #15: January 23, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »
Like Chenier said,

We've seen this done time and time again over the years. The reason were giving the suggestions we are is because the current method isn't working. Expansion on Dwilight doesn't (often) bring any realms into conflict with any others, all it does it create a horde of monsters that assault your walls and you're stuck fighting them off for months until you get bored of doing that and your players leave. It happens over and over again.

Hi Bronnen.

I get the explanation of it all, and I think we've all taken it on board. You need to be careful around expansionism or monster incursions start to escalate, which isn't generally ideal. I do take issue with the tone some people (primarily Chenier) have taken in response though. Rather than trying to provide a helping hand to new players and give suggestions (as you've worded yourself), all I'm getting the impression of is that some of the established veteran players active on the BM forums have a set idea of how the game should be played (and let's remember, BM and especially Dwilight is an open world RPG, with a certain level of priority placed on the RP aspect), and try to ram that down the throats of new players. I understand it's an open forum and people can and should give their views and advice, but when it feels like someone is trying to dictate how I should play, rather than help guide and let us make our own mistakes/successes (which I'm fine with - in my opinion, defeat breeds just as much, if not more, fun RP. I had a load of fun writing a story about my whole unit being destroyed), which is far more likely to make me want to disengage from the community than any setbacks. I guess, in summary, I'm asking for there to be less immediate, full-on negativity and bit more willingness to engage with new players. There's not just one set way to play this game and it would be very dull if it was. I'm not here to play to win, or to play number crunch maximum efficiency war simulator or to be condescended to.

That being said, I've been made to feel super welcome by the old guard members of Luria and am enjoying myself a lot so far. The game has a lot of potential for fun, so I hope the glory days aren't completely behind it.

And as I've been writing this, I see Vita has had made a good post, which I'll definitely take on board.