Author Topic: Lurian Resurgence  (Read 28061 times)

Archival

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Resurgence
« Reply #15: January 24, 2018, 03:05:13 AM »
I commend this and wish this sentiment were stronger within BM.

It seems obvious, but it's so often overlooked by players who place all their focus on winning. But in something like BM, you can't really beat the game. Even if you owned all the land in a continent, there's always going to be someone ready to stir up trouble.

But I'm going off on a tangent. From my personal experience so far, Luria has been a blast. But that's no doubt in part because I haven't just arrived to fight in wars, I'm here to write stories about my character, RP with others and generally enjoy playing my character as more than just a pawn in a war-game. I'm enjoying a lot just travelling and generally doing RP with someone else from the empire who I hadn't met before coming to the game at the moment. The old-guard have been welcoming and have always been happy to teach me both IC and OOC, so I do find it a bit hard to see the negativity that some people have espoused so far.

I often get the impression that people think warfare is all there is to it in BM - either being involved in it, recovering from it or preparing for it. I haven't been around long to say for sure, but I don't think that's the case and more than that I hope it isn't.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:54:42 AM by Archival »