Author Topic: Lurian Resurgence  (Read 28479 times)

Archival

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Resurgence
« Reply #30: January 24, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »
I love RPs, but I can do much more RPwise in a realm like Sirion than in Luria... Sirion at least is always involved in wars, even being always safe and even being until a short time ago a Behemoth... or a white elephant in the corner.

What will you RP in Luria? Your character walking through the beautiful streets of all your seaside towns? At least incite a civil war between your duchies (in Luria they are still considered small kingdoms within the empire?). Or try Madina... I'm in Bol just holding courts and killing monster. In fact, a good RP isn't always in a Roleplay Message, but in the trash talk before and after a battle, the rivalry and hatred that only a war can bring.

This is... sort of what I mean about people dictating how we should play. Like I've said before, there isn't a right or wrong way to play the game. It's a bit of an exaggerated example, but who's to say that someone writing stories about their travels through their own lands, while maintaining them with the gameplay mechanics, is doing it wrong? If someone got their enjoyment out of that, I see precisely zero issue. I suppose it's not really a relevant point to Luria though, since things have been active the entire time I've been in the game so far and from what I understand, that's not about to slow down.

Good RP can be anything though. From sending provocative letters to your foes before a battle (and after, if you feel like twisting the knife) like you say, all the way to - yes - descriptive stories about travelling through the streets of Askileon or Giask.

I don't mean to keep banging on this drum, but I find it pretty uninspiring when people have this inflammatory stance that we're doing it all wrong. I do get jaded cynicism from veteran players though - I'm no doubt similar in the places I've committed however many years to.