Poll

Approve this chapter?

yes
4 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 17, 2018, 08:43:55 PM

Author Topic: The Color Green - Chapter 2  (Read 3290 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The Color Green - Chapter 2
« Topic Start: January 10, 2018, 11:30:26 PM »
So much to explore. So much to experience. The endless mountains and plains. Valleys and rifts. Cold, frigid mountain lakes flowing down winding rivers into wide oceans. Ocean surf pounding rocky shores into gentle beaches.

Reis reveled in it all. The exploration and the knowing. Always the knowing. Soon that exploration revealed something new that had not been there before. It was ... green. It spread at a prodigious pace, and soon nearly covered all of Ardein. Only the loftiest, frozen heights such as Shuran's Perch remained almost pure white. Even the less mighty peaks had some scraggly evergreens that clawed their way up their steep flanks.

Reis loved the green in all of its forms. Exploration of this new green took much of Reis attention. However, Reis knew that something was lacking. Exploration and knowing would be much more rewarding if there was more variation in things to explore. That would provide more things to be known. And much exploration would be needed to seek it all out. This idea pleased Reis.

But how should this be done? The new green was wonderful. Perhaps it should be mixed with other colors as well. That would be fitting. Colors mixed with other colors. Reis drew upon the knowledge gathered during the endless exploration. Here was the blue of the ocean. There was the red of the fires at the heart of the world. The white of the purest snows. The yellow of the sun. The oranges and purples of the sunsets. And more. So many more.

Reis wrapped these colors in the green. Taught the green to make these, and then released them upon the world. (Create Flowers: 3 Purity) The new colors spread rapidly, and multiplied. They could soon be found almost everywhere on land and at sea. The multitude of the new colors was and endless fascination for all who beheld it. To Reis' further enjoyment, some would devote their whole life to the cultivation of these colors, and create new variations with great vigor and dedication.

Note: I think that 3 Purity sounds about right for this. It's not quite as powerful as creating life in general, but it is a significant modification of a plain "green" for plants, and is spread worldwide.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Color Green - Chapter 2
« Reply #1: January 11, 2018, 01:15:24 AM »
I think 3 is good too. 1 is more like just creating a single new species while 3 feels it is pretty good amount for modifying existing creations.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 11, 2018, 02:56:37 AM »
Sounds about right to me, and I really like incorporating all the colors of the world into the green!
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 14, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
Need to vote on this.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster