Author Topic: The Seeker Council: Chapter 1  (Read 2619 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
The Seeker Council: Chapter 1
« Topic Start: January 11, 2018, 05:02:25 AM »
Gravity was an interesting phenomenon.  Quaranis could see possibilities in it, depending on exactly how it worked.  Were there natural elevations?  Something to do with the air?  She would have to experiment.  Maybe if she incorporated the air into her lava it could fly properly.

Her idle musings as her body re-knit itself were interrupted by a familiar sensation.  One she had not felt since awakening in this broken world.

Prime.

Prime flowing freely.

There was Prime in this world.

She flung her half-healed form through the newly-widened arteries of the archipelago, and into the still-expanding network deep within the world.  Pushing faster, faster, desperation surging through the capillaries...

Here!

It is here!

She started to rise, then remembered.  Gravity would cast her down, just as it had before.  But perhaps, if she changed the balance of her lava, a little more of earthen solidity, a little less liquid flowing...

A new form rose, half-molten magma taking awkward shape.  A head, to hold the eyes.  Arms, to reach and grasp.  A trunk to pull more and more of her self up, and out...

There!

Deep within a great gaping hole lay Prime!  It had a strange shape in this world, but what of it?  It could be all.  If it chose to look like the void, studded with stars in grand patterns, then so be it.

She reached...But could not grasp.

No, no, no no no no nononononononono...

This...Body she had built was constraining her.  Her essence was spread across too much of the world, she could not gather enough of it to meld with the Prime!

So near the eternal Prime, and yet unable, incapable of reaching it.

Black obsidian tears streamed from her woe, and her sorrow caused the very air to blacken and rise from her in grief.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Seeker Council: Chapter 1
« Reply #1: January 11, 2018, 05:10:23 AM »
Since I am unsure what Tom wants to do with the council creation story, I will refrain from following up.

I think this should be handled differently. Instead of voting to accept council creations stories, people involved should just be able to post the story related to creation of their council right away I feel. But obviously, all the members of the council should write at least a chapter for the creation of their council story.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 11, 2018, 05:48:16 AM »
Quoting Tom:

"That's a good question. The council part is the least defined so far. But the basic principle of the game is that EVERYTHING is a story, so similar to the personal story of a character, there would be a council story. That can only be voted on by council members. For the moment, put it into LotW."

So I'm assuming we treat it like a normal story, except no one outside the council gets a vote.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 11, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »
If a council story is only voted on by council members, which makes sense, then I would say to vote immediately. I have no objections to starting a vote. We can get things moving quickly, instead of waiting three days for comments and then a three day vote.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 11, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
If we are just voting between three of us, I am voting yes for this story as well. Don't even need to create a poll I think.

Do you wanna write next Rob? I will write Astalos' arrival from Lerikion after.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:34:17 PM by Zakky »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 11, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »
Will do.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.