BattleMaster > Magistrates Case Archive

Call for Volunteers

<< < (2/8) > >>

Indirik:
Can I make it four dev team volunteers? Out of curiosity, is this forum visible to more than the dev team? I would have expected several more volunteers by now...

I am obviously an active player for 5-1/2 years, active both in-game and on the forums (as well as the now-defunct Discussion List). I think I have the requisite Trust medals. Unfortunately, I have no courtroom experience, even on TV shows. (I hate law dramas, which is probably a bonus, right? My sister is a lawyer though, so I bet that's a few marks against me...  :-\) I've held just about every position in the game, both on testing and stable islands.

I'd like to help implement the community based conflict resolution system. I think it's possible that the players can make a good stab at policing the player base. It's going to be a long, tough road, though. We'll need consistency and clarity to make sure it stars and has some staying power.

Telrunya:
Yes, everyone can see it, but I'm not sure if I'd be a good one for this.

Sacha:
Been playing since early 2005, barely missed a turn in over six years. I'm a reformed multi-cheater, so I guess I can think like a BM criminal (the Kevin Mitnick of BM if you will >_>). I've got six trust medals. I've played many characters on all islands, tried every class in the game and have held just about every position there is short of Ambassador. I think I'd make a good Magistrate because despite what my family history might indicate, I don't hold grudges and I'm a good RL diplomat of sorts. I seem to end up as a mediator a lot when two friends get into a fight. If needed, I'll stay out of arguments in which I might be considered an impartial judge (conflicts of interests and such). I've seen a few trials IRL (never as a defendant I might add :P) so I have a fairly good idea of how things work in a courtroom. 

Chenier:
I have been playing actively since 2006, contributing greatly to the wiki, the d-list, and the forums. I have held all positions at least once, played on all continents at least once (except SWI), and experienced every class and subclass available. I have 8 trust medals. I have good understanding of the legal system following my two law classes (and I'm taking a third in September), and I know the social contract and inalienable rights by heart because I review them every now and then just to make sure my memory doesn't fail me.

I have a critical spirit and always seek the bigger picture. I see (and understand) BM as being a game, that is meant to be fun, so I don't attempt to hold other players back to satisfy my own vanity. Most of my efforts have been made to make things more interesting for others overall. I also volunteer to help the game with side projects whenever time allows me, such as beta testing for the War Islands and the ongoing work to give vector maps via my GIS software.

Nosferatus:
Been playing since 2005, understand mechanics very well as i played different kind of characters on different islands filling different kind of positions. (I think all by now...)
I have 12 trust medals (http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=7434) and as a player always kept the fun aspect of the game as my main focus.
Most of the concepts i made in BM are efforts to try and enhance the experience of the game, for everyone.

I can also relate to Sasha's description as being a mediator in RL.
Looking from an objective perspective is something i try to pursue in RL constantly, which often places me in a sort of judge role.
Often do i play the devil advocate in many conversations or discussions to show people the other perspectives out there.

I have also experienced big titan cases in the past concerning Avamar, Averoth, FEI with Einar and the EC peace situation where tom personally bolted a few rulers.

But most of all i am very concerned of our newer players starting in some realms out there who even from OOC perspective really want to win there war to the cost of these new players by even breaking the social contract, chasing away many players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version