Author Topic: Call for Volunteers  (Read 24295 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Volunteers
« Reply #30: April 09, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
I'd like to apply for a post on the Magistrates, if volunteers are still needed. I'm in university learning economics and philosophy, so I know a little bit about ethics and community standards/ benefits of cooperative societies, which I believe might prove to be assets to the team.  ;D

Previously helped in beta testing the dream and war islands, helped around as a tester for the new code as well. Been playing continuously for over five years now, so I have experienced a lot of what the game has to offer. I'm well versed with the IRs and the Social Contract. BattleMaster has been a large part of my life for a long while now and I'd like to lend a hand in improving the environment and culture of the game.

As far as actual court proceedings are concerned, I have collected/documented evidence for my community organisation that took the municipal body to court (successfully) to protect the hills and rivers of my city, and did a couple of courses on cyber law and legal awareness at uni. As part of my degree, I also had to study (Indian) constitutional law, with special emphasis on fundamental rights and duties. 

A link to my user profile with medals and such. http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=21575
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:10:29 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #31: May 12, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
Tom,

If you are still looking for volunteers to become a magistrate. I would like to volunteer my services.

I have played BM for well over 7 years and have a good grasp of it.  I am fair. I am dedicated and very active in the community. I have a working knowledge of the courtroom and roberts rules of order. I have been part of legal proceeding both as the defendant and the plaintiff.  I was instrumental (at least I think I was) with the clan case in Fontan. This is my second account; I left BM for personal reason for about 6 months or so and restarted a new account as I had deleted my first account.  But in general I have played BM ever since matt hetland introduced me to the game years ago.

I feel I would make a good Magistrate for the following reason:

1. I love BM
2. I am an active player
3. I hate cheaters
4. I am honest and trustworthy
5. I have a desire to take on responsibility for BM

I do have experience being a moderator in another game called Visual Utopia.

here is the ling to my Family page   http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31175
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:45:05 PM by katayanna »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 14, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
Tom,

I know there are already so many qualified and illustrious members of the community on the board of Magistrates, but I thought I'd just offer my services if needed.

Personally speaking, I am studying creative writing and philosophy with the intent of entering law school and joining the legal field. I have a good working knowledge of the legal system, court procedure, and of the values of justice, community service, and ethics thanks to my time studying philosophy. Additionally, across my time in BattleMaster my characters have consistently served as judges and so I have an excellent grasp of in-game legal aspects and rules.

On another note, I've played since I was in 6th grade - though I took a short break of a few years in high school - so it is fair to say I was raised playing this game and grew up understanding and loving the world and community. This has motivated a desire in me to actively make the game more enjoyable and preserve the rules and integrity inherent in our community. I would consider it an honor and privilege to be of use to the players of BattleMaster and to serve with the other Magistrates.

Thanks and regards.

Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 05, 2013, 02:08:48 AM »
I've played BM for around a decade now, been extremely active for most of that, save for a few periods where I didn't have routine access to the internet. I've filled every position in the game at point or another, including battle group leader like Delvin. http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=3190 I have 19 trust medals at present, know the IRs and the gist of the social contract off the top of my head, and tend to go out of my way to resolve issues before they need to be brought to the Magistrates. I also once was a d-list moderator back in the day. I've had some experience in legal administration, most of it non-judicial for the military.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 20, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »
Hey Tom,

Well, I've been active over the years since I returned from taking a break, this being my second time making a account. I still recall my first battle fighting in Isadril as a Ibladesh citizen, we had a president back then. I have a good working knowledge of the majority of the game mechanics. Though of course I have question hear and there regarding the new parts that have been implemented recently. I know some of the facets of the Ruler, thought not all, I have never had the "pleasure" playing one. The IR and SC are what I play by and always have. I also understand the SMA, though I no longer play on DWI.

I see the magistrate position where I can assist not only you, but the community that has grown throughout our game. I have only enjoyed one other online community similar to this one and I see some of the same issue here and there. I don't like easy jobs and knowing full well the magistrate position is no easy thing to take on I am more than willing to rise to the challenge to assist the community. The community is the more important part of this game and i am willing to protect that aspect as well as those that are in it.

Trust Medals (1) http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32380

Game has always been about fun not winning or losing, just having fun with the other players.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eirikr

« Reply #35: September 10, 2013, 07:43:27 AM »
Given the current status of the forums and the way Magistrates cases seem to occur these days, I'm not sure applying makes much sense, but I feel like this would be a good way I can give back to the game. To the quals:

I've been playing for about 6, going on 7 years now and have accumulated a few  (medals]http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=20419]medals). I have a fairly solid grasp of the game mechanics, having found many bugs, written several feature requests, and participated on a large number of mechanics-related discussions. I've served on a US county jury and am a professional (primarily technical) writer, so I constantly pursue clarity and objectivity. Perhaps most importantly, I try to maintain that the process is more important than the outcome; punishment should never be the goal for the accuser, but rather clear evidence of an infraction occurring.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #36: October 03, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »
Tom,

If you are still looking for volunteers to become a magistrate. I would like to volunteer my services.

I have played BM for well over 7 years and have a good grasp of it.  I am fair. I am dedicated and very active in the community. I have a working knowledge of the courtroom and roberts rules of order. I have been part of legal proceeding both as the defendant and the plaintiff.  I was instrumental (at least I think I was) with the clan case in Fontan. This is my second account; I left BM for personal reason for about 6 months or so and restarted a new account as I had deleted my first account.  But in general I have played BM ever since matt hetland introduced me to the game years ago.

I feel I would make a good Magistrate for the following reason:

1. I love BM
2. I am an active player
3. I hate cheaters
4. I am honest and trustworthy
5. I have a desire to take on responsibility for BM

I do have experience being a moderator in another game called Visual Utopia.

here is the ling to my Family page   http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31175

Let me expand on my qualifications.

I am Guide and Moderator of another game called Visual-Utopia

And I wanted to let you know that I am still interested
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused