Author Topic: Call for Volunteers  (Read 24280 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Volunteers
« Reply #15: July 17, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
I've been playing Battlemaster for 4-5 years now (since sometime in 2006) although my current family has only been active since 2008 as I stopped briefly due to RL issues. I have served in every position that the game has to offer, most of them for over 6 months time, and have played on every continent except the Colonies. I have received 5 trust medals,  http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=26113 and have always sought to make the game a better place for new players so that the game has a better chance at growth. I know the game rules and contract very well and have experience in mediating player disputes in game already. In addition, although I don't have RL experience in the court room, when playing amongst friends in board games and such which I do often, I usually seek to take on a diplomatic or mediator role so as to minimize disputes.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 17, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »
I ve been playing BM since 2003.This is my second account in game.I deleted my first one around 2008 i think and created a new one a few months later.

I play this game for years and what i always loved in it was the strength of it's community. I am always willing to help in multiple ways to help it evolve in any way and mostly when a courthouse is mentioned as i believe this is the area i can aid most being a lawyer in real life(i know you hate them Tom i do hope it won't work against me! :P) and spent already many years inside courtrooms.

In my second account, the one i m currently playing i have 4 trust medals http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=28979  in my previous one (Galadeon family) i had around 30 or something,i doubt you can check that anymore so i m just mentioning to boost about it (jk)
After all these years of playing and interacting with players a lot either that is in game or out of it i have witnessed many conflicts and contributed countless times in the hard work of the Titans in a very effective way.

I have a good knowledge of both BM mechanics and social contract ones and yes i do know the rules by heart .What i believe it's more of a + for me is that not only i know the rules but after all these years i am pretty familiar with the ways those rules have been violated and what is the pattern of those who want to abuse them is. :P

Well that's about it,i strongly believe i can help in this.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 18, 2011, 12:08:08 PM »
A call for volunteers... I'm always there to answer a call like that for BM if it's needed :)

I've been playing BattleMaster since a short while before it started and have gained a few trust medals in that time. (This is my second account as I had a six month absence before the pause system had been created :( )

I am well known in real life for always being able to understand both (or all) sides of an argument and to be a good mediator.

I can continue but I get bored talking about me too much :)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:53:31 PM by James »
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 20, 2011, 10:18:10 PM »
I'm up for doing it, maybe not the best choice around as I haven't been involved in any IC cases and have been aorund for only about a year and a half.  I have extensive knowledge of the RW Commonwealth justice system and an above average knowledge of American legal proceedings.  I have a working background in ethics (learning towards the deontological side, really not a fan of utilitarianism), I have a few trust medals http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=30497

Ummmm...yep.  I tend to be cold and impersonal and don't really get worked up over stuff (well, not this stuff), so I'm not really so good at the touchy-feely "I feel your pain" part of the job, but I'm very flexible in regards to arguments and evidence presented.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 24, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
hi,

i've been playing since april '09, have some number of medals (ID: 28231), played on all continents, was holding almost all positions.

i would firstly like to contribute in a way that disputes become more streamlines, meaning more predictable and understandable in advance for vast majority of players, so that magistrates eventually become guards of the system who act rarely,  especially if civilized manner of communication could be maintained/enforced.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #20: July 28, 2011, 03:27:45 AM »
Dear Tom,

My name is Jacob Sperry and I express a desire to be a magistrate in your fine court. I have been playing since early 2007 on all continents and have kept a keen interest in most of the affairs of players in the game, with at least two developers who can attribute (or vehemently detract from) to my good character. In terms of real life I have a relatively decent knowledge of both medieval and modern legal processes, though in terms of modern law that is from a Common Law perspective and not a Napoleonic one. When I say relatively decent that is to say that it is by no means a professional understanding, but it is somewhere along the way.

My player ID is in the link following (http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=21651).

Sincerely yours,
Jacob
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 29, 2011, 04:29:34 AM »
I have been playing MB since 2007.  During that time I have had characters in most of the classes and occupied most of the positions.  I have earned 7 Trust Medals to date and believe if there are positions to be opened for additional Magistrates I would be able to fill one of them easily enough.

I am currently going to school in a Computer Forensics program which requires law classes (knowing how to handle evidence is quite important) as well as I am on the Jury Wheel to be picked to serve as Juror for possible cases starting next month (upcoming courtroom experience).  I also work in the Private Security field so I deal with the law system every day at work.

I do not crave Power so I am not applying for this position with that in mine, as a matter of fact I recently stepped down from a Ruler position (actually removed my name from the re-election) in Dwilight.  I have mainly played in the Colonies and Dwilight, I tend to find a place and stick with my decision to stay.  Currently I have two Lords as characters in the Colonies (one a Duchess) and a Knight and Adventurer in Dwilight.  I am not afraid of making possible enemies, my Knight has plenty already from when he was Ruler.
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 29, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »
If there's still need for volunteers, or there would be need for some later on, I would like to drop my name in for the ballot. I've been playing Battlemaster for way too long to be good for a human brain, and am rather familiar with the game. In general I'm an active player but I might disappear of the radar for a few days every now and then... such is the life of a student.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: July 31, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
There's no need right now, but there will be later.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 22, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
I dont know man... this sounds like a lot of work from the MAN man...

Can I just play the part of the criminal...  ;D

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 02, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
Well, I don't know if we have new positions, but I want to apply for a Magistrate.

I play BM since jan/2010, but I really like this game. I am an active player, and becoming an active one on this forum as well. Plus, a contributor to the Wiki I must say that, after this year, I started to know a lil'bit more about the mechanics. I'll not say I know everything, but I want to.

I want to be a magistrate to contribute more with the game. Despite this be the desire of the majority here, and no a personal or singular subject, but is the best one for the game.

Plus, I'm a lawyer since 2008, advocating much in criminal and disputed trials. I've studied the classic systems, as the roman and a little of the germanic, the ones wich base the brazilian law. I have just one trust medal, and you can see it here http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=29977. And, of course, I made my way as a mentor, so, I can say I know something about the inaliable rights and the contract.

Is this.

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: December 27, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
I would like to be considered for the Magistrate as well if it is at all possible.  That is when new spots come open in the future.  I have been in the game just over six years now.  I have had several characters over the years I have held almost every type of lordship there is and council position as well.  I have earned 4 trust medals during my time in BM and have enjoyed most the times when my Character was the judge of his or her realm.

http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=12726

I have many years of experience in actual court rooms due to the fact that I can seem to drive the speed limit.  I understand a great deal how the court system works.  I have been on both sides of judicial system in one fashion or another.  Mainly because I have a problem with lead in my foot when driving.  I do hope that this does not give my a bad mark for being honest about it though.

Either way I would love to join in if it is still possible.

AJ

• Freeman
    • View Profile
    • Notes From the Web
« Reply #27: January 03, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
Hello,

I'd like to apply as magistrate:

I'm back to being active. Been off due to IRL stuff.
Been a dev so have a working knowledge of most of the game mechanics.
Been playing for over 10 years so quite familiar with the game.
I think I'd be a good Magistrate as the enjoyment and rights of the players is above everything else. The Inalienable rights and the social contract supersede all other rules/laws/roleplays.

Bonus Points (:D)
I have 10 trust medals. My profile: http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=3251
Been a titan before (not sure if it counts)
Arya Family

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 07, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
I would like to apply to be a Magistrate. Not sure if there are any places, but will apply anyway.

I've been playing roughly 18 months, and played a previous family ages ago for about two years. I'm very active and have a pretty good working knowledge of the game mechanics, although there always seems to be more to learn. I know the rules, the Social Contract and the IRs.
I have 7 trust medals: http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31351. And 3 of them without bribes! I kid.
I want to be a Magistrate because I'm passionate about this game (as my forum posts may sometimes show) and want to do what I can to make it better. I have a distinct dislike for multi-cheaters in particular, after Arcaea lost some 15 characters that turned out to be multis. I don't have a lot of law experience, other than bringing my last landlord to court for trying to take too much of my bond when I left. I won, so I must be good, right? Right? Anyway, I'm quite empathetic and generally pretty good at putting myself in the other guy's shoes and seeing issues from both sides.

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: April 09, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
I would like to apply for a magistrate.

I have been playing for just over 2 years. Before I started 2 years ago, I played two other families in Abington and Falasan but I stopped when those realms died. I currently have 12 trust medals
. I am familiar with the game like many others who posted here.

http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=30364
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:34:57 AM by Zaki »