Author Topic: Heroes and Artifacts  (Read 2937 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Heroes and Artifacts
« Topic Start: January 13, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »
So what kind of abilities can heroes and artifacts have?

Do they gain more extreme abilities when we spend more prime?

Is there any restriction on their abilities? I am guessing they can't live forever like immortals but maybe we can grant them longevity?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Heroes and Artifacts
« Reply #1: January 13, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
By the basic rules, they can not have any supernatural abilities unless they channel a god. That means you need to spend Prime _every time_ a hero does something supernatural.

Since Prime is not like mana in computer games, i.e. there is no "spend twice as much for double the effect" rule, you can make your hero longlived by simply telling a story about how he reached old age and expending one Prime. Then if you want to re-use him in a later story, still older, you need to spend Prime again to make him still alive beyond his natural lifespan.

Makes sense?

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 13, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »
Ah that makes sense. So what happens when you use purity on heroes or artifacts? Or is purity for something grander in scale and not meant to be used for something as small and local as heroes and artifacts?

Also, to do something with artifacts I am guessing we also need to spend a prime to make it do something magical?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: January 14, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
Exactly. Purity is for geographic things. Essentially, permanent features put on the map. Settlements and such are a special case as we put them on the map, but they are paid in Prime and are not necessarily permanent.

And yes, the rules are the same for artifacts. It can be magical, but every time it actually does its thing, Prime needs to be spent. There is no magic in the world unless it flows through a god (and is paid in Prime).