Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41495 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #15: January 23, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
There was nothing OOC about the decision. Xavax was a pragmatic meritocracy. My character is not going to go blindly into death because I, the player, know he cannot die. This is truly what my character believed is best as a complex and real individual. Someone who is devout and understands he risks death by remaining in crumbling Xavax. There is nothing OOC about the retreat.

The OOC tag distinguishes between my feelings as a player, and IC feelings of Sigrid the character. Never claimed its an OOC decision, only that it makes sense to me as a player who can observe and analyze the situation from a [partial] gods-eye perspective.

Right... I tend to forget that non-Heroes don't die. Where's the fun in taking risks when you can't lose? ;) Sigrid is my sole character who isn't a hero, and only because she can still become an assassin. Up the ante, become a hero and test the limits of pride and folly ;)

Funny that you used the word devout. I Guess our characters abide by completely different philosophies. Sigrid would be proud to die for Xavax specifically because its the right thing to do, as opposed to running in fear of death. To Sigrid, Xavax is life; and to serve Xavax is to have courage in the face of death. Abandoning Xavax to save herself would be tantamount to spiritual suicide.

She's a curious character. The amalgam of pride and honor produces intriguing results.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)