Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41464 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #15: January 23, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think our the celebration party is too drunk, and can't find the door. You are going to have to help us with that, you know. It's quite a terrible thing to be lost in such a strange city.

I have so many things to say, but I'll settle for "the arrogance of the new kid who joins the winning team"

To be quite honest, I was quite content to say little publicly. But then you had all those Redhaven nobles start to talk trash and utter threats to the nobles of the democracies and the "extra-xavax". The first message sent to everyone in Viseu was from Ka Habb, before the battle took place, threatening to torture and execute us. Others then joined him.

I didn't say much then, the big battle was in less than a day. I know this war is not a walk in the park, we win some, we lose some. But after that total defeat of the northern forces, which is stacked on the previous defeat... let's just say it was really inviting.

I didn't bring the Southern Alliance where it is now, and will never claim as much. It's a solid coalition, well-oiled, and despite not perfect pretty impressive all things considered. But this isn't my first war. And I'm pretty confident that if Garas was still in charge, we wouldn't be having a party in Krimml right now.

Took me a while to adjust to how the game changed since I last lead human realms against other human realms, but I'd say I'm just about up to level now. There are a few more kinks to work out, but I've got a pretty massive iron on hand.

Military issues aside, though, I must say I'm rather surprised by Redhaven's attitude. Most in the South showed great willingness to set anti-Xavax sentiments aside to deflect our efforts elsewhere, namely Sirion. Redhaven could have pulled that card, "we aren't Selenia", "we are something new", and tried to weasel their way, diplomatically, into a more advantageous position. But instead you put your capital right on our doorstep, you remind everyone how you are exactly who they hated, and you go out of your way to antagonize the South and thus alienate the nobles who weren't even there to hate you to begin with. Redhaven is the border, and you painted a huge target on yourselves. It's almost as if you want the Southern Alliance to destroy you.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron