Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41729 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #15: January 23, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
Quote from: Chenier
I must say I'm rather surprised by Redhaven's attitude. Most in the South showed great willingness to set anti-Xavax sentiments aside to deflect our efforts elsewhere, namely Sirion. Redhaven could have pulled that card, "we aren't Selenia", "we are something new", and tried to weasel their way, diplomatically, into a more advantageous position. But instead you put your capital right on our doorstep, you remind everyone how you are exactly who they hated, and you go out of your way to antagonize the South and thus alienate the nobles who weren't even there to hate you to begin with. Redhaven is the border, and you painted a huge target on yourselves. It's almost as if you want the Southern Alliance to destroy you.

Unfortunately, what you ask is impossible: Redhaven/Redwings can't take advantage of the [Goldwings' efforts to produce] neutrality with the south because they're ideologically against anything that doesn't end with the south's utter destruction. The oft-repeated rallying cry for the creation of Redhaven mostly consisted of leading the northern charge on the frontlines against the south. What many figured would happen is exactly what happened:

Giant, flaming target gets sandblasted soon after inception.

Goldwings (my faction) are the "we're not Selenia; try something new" group. Redwings of Redhaven are the Selenia-worshippers who despise the south on principle, and incidentally despise Goldwings for considering reformation or peace with the south.

Problem is, the remaining Xavax - scattered across the realms and continents - aren't going to join Redhaven and bolster its forces as some hoped [according to fruitless attempts in the Xavax religious Path channel]. Its just not going to happen. No one wants a recap of the past all over again, that's why they left in the first place. Redhaven may prove detrimental to the north. One more realm to coordinate its forces and sync with the rest of the coalition. One more nest of intrigue. One more headache. What exactly does this branch of Xavax bring to the table except more trouble?

If they had gone with my/our plan and helped the Goldwings settle in Fontan, they'd at least be able to take advantage of a multi-region Demilitarized-Zone none could cross for at least a whole year, thus moving the frontlines further west and eliminating certain avenues of conflict while the Goldwings negotiated as a neutral party between north and south.

Instead, y'all are partyin' it up in Krimml. For now, at least. Sad thing is, the more y'all focus on razing Redhaven, the stronger the north will get. Make one mistake and the script will flip.

One way or another, its bound to be an interesting time for the continent.

On another note, what the hell is going on in Fallengard and OI? Is anyone even alive in those realms anymore? I don't seem to see any activity whatsoever from either realm.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)