Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41927 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #30: January 23, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
That said, I don't like the term "Cult of Personality." It's insulting. In her reign, while she had final say on all non-military issues, there wasn't much "non-military" going on in Xavax at any point. Even so, every decision that did manage to fall into her lap was run by her advisors in IHC, the ruling council, Cornelius, etc. You had a lot of great players pouring in a lot of hard work to build the culture that Xavax developed. Now, when we say Xavax, a whole list of traits and characterizations come to mind.  Their solidarity didn't come from Selenia, it came from being hammered together by shared suffering. he Xavax had identity, built on history.Entirely unique. Just like Outer Tilog or Luria Nova have their own identities. Case in point, the Xavax are still Xavax IG years after Selenia went into exile. Don't say Cult of Personality. It's lazy.

I know it's cheese to pump that I agree with JeVondair... But I do. One of my favourite BM things I've done is the Codex Legibus Xavacis, the Xavax Book of Laws. In it is probably the most comprehensive foundation for a true nation-state in all of BM. Greater Xavax is defined. There are lands we aim to hold. We've enshrined fair laws and standards of taxation and military service. Decorum and respect of noble traditions. Reparations for lives lost. Our realm doesn't exist simply like most other realms, for the purpose of its own propagation or as the plaything of a tyrant, GX existed to administer the lands it defined as Greater Xavax. Godric was going to press for Ibladesh to be released as an independent state as it held no ties to Xavax. Semall was never going to be conquered as it falls outside the cultural zone.

Godric coming in and listing the crimes of the invaders was apparently threatening everyone with death and dismemberment... It's kind of jarring to have your crimes listed, no?

Another important aspect of the Codex is that nobles own their lands. Their laws are paramount within their estates. That is why I wrote the elaborate arbitration system to reconcile the laws between estates. Xavax empowered every noble to really feel like nobility: the Imperium was an amalgam of nobility of various backgrounds working within the context of meritocracy and justice.

I repeat it ad nauseum with Godric: Xavax was a land of laws in BM when most realms are the play things of oligarchs.