Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41857 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #45: January 24, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
Anyway, sorry for all the text. i know here isn't really the place. but TL;DR that's how Selenia sold the Path of Ashes to the Xavax. Whenever CC or BB talk about Selenian Xavax I feel like i'm in a college history course about a dead empire...which feels surprisingly cool.

That said, I don't like the term "Cult of Personality."
[/size]

Can't speak for Chenier, but when I say cult of personality I mean the textbook definition. The fact that people don't all love Selenia doesn't take away from the fact that our culture is one of hero worship and ineffable pride. Its one of our greatest traits, but a dangerous one all the same.

"A cult of personality arises when a regime uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods such as government-organized demonstrations to create an idealized, heroic, and at times worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise."

As for my complaints, I mainly refer to the Sirionite Xavax experience: namely the Saoi's supposed dominance of all things Xavax; the silencing of discontent and deviation from the established narrative through the use of insults, gaslighting, and excommunication; Lionel's intervention over Xavax affairs whether by influencing Selenia or betraying Asher to foreign law; and especially the somewhat hilarious way Hector is caught between Sirion-Xavax, Red-Gold, and Saoi-Sigrid-Asher-Lionel-Aramon-etc's pull.

We're so busy keeping the past alive that we're powerless to change at all for fear of losing our drive. A natural reaction to our traumatic severance from Xavax and gradual loss of manpower, but we could really use some rejuvenation to keep the flame alive.

The Phoenix flame can but wither - without breath renewed and ample tinder.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)