Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41144 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #60: February 14, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
I know this is skipping over a lot of comments that have come previously to talk about what was said a couple pages ago, but I would like to point out that Selenia's rise to popularity had less to do with cultivating a "personality cult" and more to do with the way the character both fought tooth and nail for the realm, and the situation that led to her rise to power. Namely the betrayal of the previous ruler and a subsequent hugbox of all other nations around them trying to destroy Xavax preemptively.

Aye, a number of folks stated something along the same lines. Simple fact is, we became what we had to be to survive.

Again, can't speak for the other individuals', but my "personality cult" comment was an observation of what it became as a result of those circumstances. The only reason no one calls OI/other plausibly stagnant-insular realms a personality cult is because no one [outside those realms] gives a damn.

I was absent for a long while so I can't speak about what went on internally during my absence, only what led to it, and what came after.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)