Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41166 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Redhaven
« Topic Start: January 16, 2018, 05:09:31 AM »
RedHaven has seceded from Sirion, forming a new Xavaxian State under Xerarch Hector Serpentis Tandaros. Let the games begin! *Evil eyebrow wiggle*

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #1: January 16, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
Did Tezokian quit the game?

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 16, 2018, 06:31:13 AM »
He's basically been inactive for, maybe, 3 months. Or something like that. We're actually pretty worried about the player. Ecthelion didn't respond to any IC or OoC letters sent to him during those months, even though he (or someone on his behalf) must have been logging on at least once a week to prevent loss of titles/autopausing before now.

It's hard to imagine that Brian/Ecthelion would play the game continuously for 14 years and then just up and leave without saying a word to anyone.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 16, 2018, 06:33:14 AM »
He's basically been inactive for, maybe, 3 months. Or something like that. We're actually pretty worried about the player. Ecthelion didn't respond to any IC or OoC letters sent to him during those months, even though he (or someone on his behalf) must have been logging on at least once a week to prevent loss of titles/autopausing before now.

It's hard to imagine that Brian/Ecthelion would play the game continuously for 14 years and then just up and leave without saying a word to anyone.

Damn. I hope he is alright.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: January 18, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »
!!!!!

Very exciting to see, and I love the name, who came up with it? I wonder how many redwings are left to heed the call? Will they refer to themselves as redwings or redhaveners or Xavax or something else? Super surpised to see this actually happen. While I am glad for all this, Im worried about Tezokian as well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 19, 2018, 04:43:40 AM »
May Redhaven prosper!

Looks like Aramon Abjur will be Xerarch, Kinsey is general [of course], Hector the Xenophon, and so forth.

Lionel's done a solid job obstructing our ["Goldwing"] attempts to create a Reformed Xavax state further south in Perdan, Fallengard, or Xavax proper -
 not that everyone didn't expect it from the get-go. Our obsession with obliterating any potential deviation from the status-quo is both a boon and a curse. Remember that change is often a powerful force with stressful short-term obstacles but benevolent long-term rewards.

Do please change things up the second time around. Remember: the failure of Xavax is a direct result of our mistakes. IC we can blame everyone and their mother, but OOC, we must see past the chaff and realize that Xavax needs to change with the times. If you all behave the same way, pick the same fights, bear the same biases, occupy the same titles, pursue the same discourse, and effectively repeat history, you doom Xavax to fail just as before.

Please do as we designed Xavax culture to do: adapt and evolve. I'm hoping this doesn't devolve into a stagnant take-2 of old Xavax, for the good of all our mutual efforts.

We may hold different ideas of what Xavax is meant to be, but we derive our love of Xavax from the very same roots.

May all Xavax prosper, regardless of their political, ideological, religious, or national affiliations. A damn fine collaborative creation we've got here.

Lets keep this baby going strong for years to come!~
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 19, 2018, 05:42:14 AM »
I love the name, who came up with it?

That would be me. I suggested a few names privately to Hector, one of them being Redhaven (literally a haven for the Redwings), and he then suggested that name to the other Xavax. A few alternative names were kicked around, but most of the Xavax seemed to go for Redhaven.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 19, 2018, 06:32:47 AM »
You sly fox, you! :) All-around solid name, kudos.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 19, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
Good luck with the new realm!

I hope Brian is well, but Erik would be like Augustus: "Give me back my Legions (my GOLD!)"

In time...

You are starting your career in Krimml, in the realm of Redhaven.
Welcome to Redhaven
This is a Monarchy realm.
This realm does not (yet) have a New Members Notice. Inquire within for local rules and laws.

My adv starting exactly where I wanted...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:25:10 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 20, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »
Is that...!?

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #10: January 21, 2018, 03:19:06 AM »
May Redhaven prosper!

Looks like Aramon Abjur will be Xerarch, Kinsey is general [of course], Hector the Xenophon, and so forth.

Lionel's done a solid job obstructing our ["Goldwing"] attempts to create a Reformed Xavax state further south in Perdan, Fallengard, or Xavax proper -
 not that everyone didn't expect it from the get-go. Our obsession with obliterating any potential deviation from the status-quo is both a boon and a curse. Remember that change is often a powerful force with stressful short-term obstacles but benevolent long-term rewards.

Do please change things up the second time around. Remember: the failure of Xavax is a direct result of our mistakes. IC we can blame everyone and their mother, but OOC, we must see past the chaff and realize that Xavax needs to change with the times. If you all behave the same way, pick the same fights, bear the same biases, occupy the same titles, pursue the same discourse, and effectively repeat history, you doom Xavax to fail just as before.

Please do as we designed Xavax culture to do: adapt and evolve. I'm hoping this doesn't devolve into a stagnant take-2 of old Xavax, for the good of all our mutual efforts.

We may hold different ideas of what Xavax is meant to be, but we derive our love of Xavax from the very same roots.

May all Xavax prosper, regardless of their political, ideological, religious, or national affiliations. A damn fine collaborative creation we've got here.

Lets keep this baby going strong for years to come!~

There is some good advice here. If you all want Redhaven to succeed, I'd suggest taking these words to heart.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 21, 2018, 05:32:14 AM »
So here is my question.

What is the difference between this group and the other one(in Highmarch?)?

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 21, 2018, 07:02:30 AM »
So here is my question.

What is the difference between this group and the other one(in Highmarch?)?

It consists of mostly core members of former Xavax, including Selenia's chosen successor (Aramon) as Xerarch, the writer of it's laws (Godric), and it's general (Lionel). The "Yellow Wings" are mostly johnny-come-latelys to former Xavax.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 21, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
Now, now. Lets be objective and reasonable. This is the forum - where the players behind the characters may speak frankly.

At the heart of the matter is a universal truth even the willfully ignorant cannot refute. As the saying goes,

"Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results."

Since the dawn of Xavax, different characters (and players) have held views of what they believe Xavax was, is, should, and must be. As beliefs often go, contradiction and divergence fueled interesting events that evolved into the culture we came to love. Some nations/cultures choose to embrace change, while others choose to avoid it at all costs. In the beginning, Xavax was a place of change, of progress, of new frontiers. We were comprised of nobles from dozens of realms, each with their own uniqueness to offer. The shared desire to re-shape East Continent - to envelop our differences through the underlying threads that brought us together - these were the spark and tinder that formed our identity, our laws, and our faith.

Unfortunately, in an all-too-human response to betrayal and conflict, we lost sight of that objectiveness and doubled-down on what felt necessary at the time. Some of it was plain human nature, and some was Xerarch Selenia's particularly heavy-handed approach to power consolidation. In the interest of maintaining a solid grasp of power, much like Sirion has done [and been condemned for], Xavax curbed, ignored, or outright exterminated dissenting views by enforcing a strict set of rules that demonized anyone who broke from the mold. Like any foundation that refuses to bend the status-quo, it stagnated and inevitably failed because Xavax stopped reflecting the behaviors and beliefs that once made it prosper.

Diversity. Malleability. Progress. Opportunity. Evolution. Through the traumas of war, betrayal, and disorder, Xavax became the antithesis of everything it used to represent.

Rather than welcome the flexibility of diversity and multi-culturalism that made Xavax prosper, instead Xavax grew rigid - where one either adheres to the established template or faces widespread condemnation. We abandoned the all-inclusive attitude, the undercurrents of cultural progress, the passion for change embodied in the Phoenix archetype... We were designed to oppose the dogmatic and inflexible realms we viewed as culturally inferior, not because we held the supreme example of culture, but because we recognized that our differences gave us strength. We knew, then, that we could accomplish something truly beautiful by voicing our dissenting views and discovering the common threads that brought us to the once-frozen South. We created a counter-culture, both based on the old kingdoms and empires from which we had come, and in direct opposition of the flaws and mistakes we had seen them commit. We, as individuals and as a nation, vowed to do better than they did. We dreamed of becoming something this world had never seen before: a whole greater than the sum of its many parts, given strength through a cycle of rebirth from the ashes of the past unto the wings of a brighter future.

And yet... We became exactly the type of realm and culture we hated with a passion.

It is my [personal] belief that Xavax died the moment this came to pass. We all had great hopes for what Xavax could be. (Both IC and OOC.) It was, by all accounts, to embody precisely the spirit that birthed Xavax in the first place.

Yet here we are: a new realm played by old faces and the old rules that didn't even work the first time. If we see victim mentality for what it is: a convenient and childish deflection of responsibility for ones failures often developed in response to initial trauma - one might realize that Xavax exists in a state of denial, of victimism, in which we've been taught to avoid anything that threatens the belief that we had no part in the events that led to the collapse of Xavax. Its understandable to use this as an IC propaganda tactic against our rivals, but it seems many have been successfully brainwashed by the notion that Xavax victim mentality is anything but a clever ruse to avoid admission of our flagrant mistakes.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 21, 2018, 02:22:42 PM »
As cosmic irony goes, we tipped the balance and turned the continent upside-down. We abandoned the moral high-ground long ago in favor of the very tactics and mentality we opposed on principle. In our stand against tyranny, the freedom fighters became the new tyrants. Those who came to Xavax later than sooner found a Xavax quite different from the one we embodied in the early days. Am I the only one caught between tears and laughter in the face of such irony?

Xavax has become an ultra-nationalist cult of personality whose pride is hell-bent on reliving a broken past best left dead and buried. We've dug up the Phoenix' corpse and stuffed it full of little white lies to give our anger a shadow of reason. Simple fact is: we've lost our way and damn anyone crazy enough to point out our foolishness.

Our rivals have become more like what Xavax was, and Xavax has become more like what our rivals were.

Post-Selenian Reformed Xavax culture is an amazing literary premise parallel to the historic decline of every major empire and ideology on Earth, sure, but its incredibly frustrating to see the very people I founded Xavax with now try to pretend the current Xavax culture is even vaguely healthy or productive.

Sure, with some minor tweaking it may eventually work out to your benefit, but you'll have made Xavax echo precisely the sort of broken system that sunk Atamara and exiled us here in the first place.

I feel a deep regret for not doing better as your Xerarch. Behind these RPs and OOC lay a passion born of a deep responsibility, bordering on shame. I wasn't strong enough to stop this misanthropic degeneration of Xavax culture when it was first set into motion, but maybe - just maybe - we can use the so-called "Goldwings" to counter-balance the Redwings and incite a rebirth of our beautiful community.

We all know its self-destructive to force adherence to a strict dogma in our realms and cultures, just like in the real world. Let history prove its ageless lesson: stagnancy and inflexibility destroy, where malleability and deviation incite progress through change.

So, while y'all are busy Making Xavax Great Again, us "Johnny-come-lately's" will try changing things up for the good of future generations.

Cheers and may fortune shine upon you.

---

Cut and bruised in various places, a thin line of blood trailing from his nose, Magnus smiles one last time as he begins to sing a somber, heartfelt tune - a final, personal prayer to the Blood Phoenix of Xavax: avatar of retribution, justice, and war.

"Oh - burning spirit:

By the flame's ascension,
Through the ashen tomb;
Of the frozen veil,
In the Southern womb

Unto the heart of righteous pride,
Lay stark the blind Carrion creed;
Whence vengeance struck true!
T'was the day dear Xavax cried...

By the flame's denial,
Through the shattered tomb;
Lay the parted veil,
In a sundered womb

Unto the body of bitter faith,
Whence stood tall the Carrion creed;
Fate took vengeance upon us,
Aye - t'was the day our Xavax died."

-Feb 5, 2016, 5:03:25 PM - Magnus Aurea,
First Xerarch; Founder of the Xavax Imperium