Author Topic: Redhaven  (Read 41003 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Redhaven
« Reply #60: January 30, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »
This is why I highly encourage a few (2-4) religions per island (the opposite of my encouraging many realms). But folks all want to do their own thing instead of cooperating with others. Religions are meant to span across many realms, not to have a religion per realm.

To be fair, the Phoenix faith (pre-Path) -was- supposed to be adopted by Alara and a number of nobles from other realms, as well as my planned Xavax offshoot colonies. Never happened due to !!POLITICS!! but such is life.

Anyway, I'd go so far as to claim the religious aspect is integral to the full Xavax experience.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: January 31, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »
You can have 10 religions per continent or 10 per realm, doens't matter when no one want to play Priest anymore. While I always loved how religion/priests worked, it's not working anymore and I cannot see how it will work with less and less players.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: January 31, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »
Being a Priest is fun though! With all the massive hordes and weird combat mechanics these days, it really kills players' desire and ability to take on non-combat roles :\
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: January 31, 2018, 11:42:31 AM »
Yes, someday, someone with a better English and more time will formulate it to the Devs... how everyone is always using the same tatic because the archers like to aim a single unit.

For now, it's better just build a guild and forget about religion.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:48:35 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: January 31, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
Creating the Redhaven Wiki. Please PM or email me if you have material you'd like to see in the narrative, or bits such as interesting/humorous quotes. Thank you :)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: February 09, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
Redhaven has a Adventurer Guold already?
Serpentis again!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: February 09, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Ugh, you're shooting yourself in the foot when you create realm-only advy guilds. Cooperate with neighbours for greater success!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: February 09, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
Ugh, you're shooting yourself in the foot when you create realm-only advy guilds. Cooperate with neighbours for greater success!

Single-realm guilds, single-realm religions, it's all the fad!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: February 09, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
Ok... let's try again...

There's an adventurer guildhouse located in Redhaven? I don't care if it was founded by Redhaven or Sirion or Perleone or Batman. I just want to know if there was one.

Forget about it... I will just ask IC again.  ;)
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: February 09, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
There's a Highmarch advie guild that supposedly pays advies gold to work. There's also the Sirion-based Adventurer's Guild that seems pretty universal (across the north, at least)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: February 11, 2018, 02:21:40 AM »
Where in Redhaven is the guild based?

GustavKuriga

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: February 13, 2018, 02:59:59 PM »
I know this is skipping over a lot of comments that have come previously to talk about what was said a couple pages ago, but I would like to point out that Selenia's rise to popularity had less to do with cultivating a "personality cult" and more to do with the way the character both fought tooth and nail for the realm, and the situation that led to her rise to power. Namely the betrayal of the previous ruler and a subsequent hugbox of all other nations around them trying to destroy Xavax preemptively.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: February 14, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
I know this is skipping over a lot of comments that have come previously to talk about what was said a couple pages ago, but I would like to point out that Selenia's rise to popularity had less to do with cultivating a "personality cult" and more to do with the way the character both fought tooth and nail for the realm, and the situation that led to her rise to power. Namely the betrayal of the previous ruler and a subsequent hugbox of all other nations around them trying to destroy Xavax preemptively.

Aye, a number of folks stated something along the same lines. Simple fact is, we became what we had to be to survive.

Again, can't speak for the other individuals', but my "personality cult" comment was an observation of what it became as a result of those circumstances. The only reason no one calls OI/other plausibly stagnant-insular realms a personality cult is because no one [outside those realms] gives a damn.

I was absent for a long while so I can't speak about what went on internally during my absence, only what led to it, and what came after.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: February 14, 2018, 02:23:31 AM »
Aye, a number of folks stated something along the same lines. Simple fact is, we became what we had to be to survive.

Again, can't speak for the other individuals', but my "personality cult" comment was an observation of what it became as a result of those circumstances. The only reason no one calls OI/other plausibly stagnant-insular realms a personality cult is because no one [outside those realms] gives a damn.

I was absent for a long while so I can't speak about what went on internally during my absence, only what led to it, and what came after.

I don't know OI specifically, but being stagnant is not the same thing as having a personality cult. I've been in a number of stagnant realms, and very few of them had anything close to personality cult, but GX totally did.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GustavKuriga

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: February 14, 2018, 06:16:48 AM »
Honestly I don't see a problem even if it did, so long as it was other characters being devoted to Selenia the character. I mean it is a roleplaying game after all. If personality cults were looked down on character-wise, you'd never have seen the craziness that an Allison (from Dwilight) brings to the table. Not that I'm equating the two either, as Allison was on the extreme end of the spectrum IC-wise.

It's actually REALLY useful for getting the ball rolling for interesting stuff. Besides that, the hugbox against GX was forming before Selenia even became ruler. It's the very reason my character defected from Alara to GX, because he completely disagreed with the path Alara's ruler was going and believed that attacking Minas Nova would have been a better choice. So if anyone says that it was some action that GX or Selenia took to cause the massive war in the South, that's pretty much hogwash, there was a whole bunch of political shenanigans going on long before then.