Author Topic: The Seeker Council: Chapter 7  (Read 4722 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
The Seeker Council: Chapter 7
« Topic Start: January 19, 2018, 06:55:51 AM »
As the ruby-eyed mountain joined it's power with the avatar of Air and Quaranis, hope surged.  Yes, yes, yes, yes...!  And she felt it.  The glory was part of her again!  And the last scraps she had been hoarding, the last remnants of her strength, now she could spare a little.  Enough for...

This.

Lava surged over the crevasse, forming a great pyramid.  It slowly flows into sheer obsidian sides, save for grand steps of basalt.  And at the top, Quaranis pulled forth from herself a great diamond.  With a whisper, it swirled into an arch, the facets catching the light and blazing like a second sun.  [Create monument, 1 Prime]

She turned.

"Thank you.  Let this stand as a monument to my gratitude.  Let this arch crown our endeavour, and announce to this world that the Seekers claim this ground!"

(Unless someone has a better name, let's call this the Seeker Pyramid.)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Seeker Council: Chapter 7
« Reply #1: January 19, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »
Let's keep it simple and go with that. Once Indirik agrees, one of us should gather all the chapters and post it in LotW. It would be nice if we can see how many purity and prime we get from this prime source.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 19, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »
Sounds good.  We won't be getting any Purity, you need a shard (three connected Prime Sources) for that, but I am definitely interested to see how much Prime comes through.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 19, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »
Looks good to me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: January 21, 2018, 12:35:09 PM »
Looks good to me as well. Where exactly is this pyramid?

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 21, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »
Looks good to me as well. Where exactly is this pyramid?

I think it is on top of the crevasse.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 21, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »
Yep, exactly on top of the crevasse, bridging it so that one could climb all the way across it.

So, basically, Tascrig is now a gaping crevasse with a pyramid.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 21, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »
Does the pyramid glow?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 22, 2018, 04:21:00 AM »
Not by itself.  I suppose if it becomes the embodiment of the Council's control Tom might have it do so.  It's "just" a pyramid of obsidian and basalt, with a diamond arch at the top.  Nothing magical beyond its creation.