Author Topic: Changing a religion name  (Read 4884 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Changing a religion name
« Topic Start: January 29, 2018, 05:33:39 PM »
A New Prophet   (4 hours, 25 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Sirion
Count Cymak Fireborn has founded a new religion called "Holy Sacred Groove" and become its first prophet, devoting his life to religion from now on. He has stepped down from all positions.

See... for more I'm fond to a bunch of elves smoking pot in the woods while listening Gangsta Paradise, I believe the other players will want something more... conservative. There's a way for the devs to correct the "GrOove"?

Yo... i mean... Yours,
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Changing a religion name
« Reply #1: January 29, 2018, 05:35:27 PM »
Are you the player of Cymak?

If I'm going to change the name of a religion, I want to make quite sure it is a typo first, and that the founder cares enough about getting it fixed to personally request it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 29, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
I'm not him, but I will ask him to answer... meanwhile:

Out-of-Character from Cymak Fireborn   (42 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Sirion
I cant believe i wrote GROOVE INSTEAD OF GROVE. HAHAHAHAHHA LMFAO
Juan Andrés Belile
Serpentis again!

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 29, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
I can't believe you two thought it was a smart idea to revive that WoW religion...

Fireborn

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 29, 2018, 06:19:33 PM »
Are you the player of Cymak?

If I'm going to change the name of a religion, I want to make quite sure it is a typo first, and that the founder cares enough about getting it fixed to personally request it.

Hello, i am the player of the Fireborn family. Could you please fix the name as it was a miss typo.

Thank you very much !!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 29, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
Hello, i am the player of the Fireborn family. Could you please fix the name as it was a miss typo.

Thank you very much !!

Done.

But may I suggest that any time you are creating something—guild, realm, character, family, etc—that has a non-changeable name, you double-check it before you click?

Unless you want your mascot to end up being the Elite Tauren Chieftain...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 29, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »
I never played WoW for more than a day ages ago, an even for that short time, never cared to know anything about a Holy Sacred Grove. So, until you said it, I never knew and never treated it as a WoW thing. Enough to embrace the old and the new path you created. Don't know what Cymak intends to do, but for me, it's just to continue what was already there.

Better a Tauren than Galadriel smoking pot... no, wait... CHANGE IT BACK!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:10:38 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 29, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
I liked Groove better. :(

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 29, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
Me too... me too...

Just remembered to finish my last RP. You're there, Zaky... how dared you call my people of simpletons and ban them from importing from Rollbar? Oh, boy... time to change it! Serpentis are coming with Avamarian traditions and cultures of conquered people to make Ustimbar shine with blackjack and hookers.... and Rolbarian herbs.
Serpentis again!

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #9: January 30, 2018, 05:04:15 AM »
When I first saw the religion was created, I wondered if it was a religion of Pot smoking. But now that I know it was supposed to be Grove and not Groove, I'm actually a little disappointed. Still, it made me laugh when I saw it.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 30, 2018, 09:44:29 AM »
Actually enjoyed the groove bit. Was almost tempted to convert and embrace this new pseudo-Elvish tree-hugging cult.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)