Author Topic: Continent removals  (Read 3295 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Continent removals
« Topic Start: July 16, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »
If ever it came to be that a continent should close for good (which I am not in favor in), such as if Beluaterra finally gets overrun (I would simply petition for a reset allowing players to re-colonize the battered coasts as they once did, after some time), I would like to ask that a replacement continent be offered. If the problem is that we judge there to be too many players for the number of regions, then the new continent could be much smaller than the one that is removed. Or otherwise present mechanics that would facilitate the rebirth of realms on other continents.

I just personally feel that removing any continent completely, without helping players reforge their social circles (aka realms) elsewhere, will simply be a serious blow to the game. I consider it more prudent to mention it now than to wait for a continent to be threatened, so that the idea can be considered if plans are ever made for such things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Continent removals
« Reply #1: July 16, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
The actual plans are rather to grow the playerbase again. For that to happen, however, we have to streamline a number of game mechanics and get rid of some of the current problems.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 16, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
Or just get the game mentioned on Penny Arcade. Bam, 10,000 new players. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 16, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
The actual plans are rather to grow the playerbase again. For that to happen, however, we have to streamline a number of game mechanics and get rid of some of the current problems.

I honestly think side games like War Islands and The Dream are bound to help, too. It can lure people who would otherwise not be lured by a text-based game to immerse themselves in the BM universe, and then give them the desire to try the real thing. Especially if the main game influences what happens in the mini-games like The Dream (references to IG events and people and the like).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 16, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
I honestly think side games like War Islands and The Dream are bound to help, too. It can lure people who would otherwise not be lured by a text-based game to immerse themselves in the BM universe, and then give them the desire to try the real thing. Especially if the main game influences what happens in the mini-games like The Dream (references to IG events and people and the like).

I concur, I am especially looking out to beyond(the sequel of the the dream).
It will surely help promoting the game.
Where in a time where the mass simply attract to what ever flashes most brightly.
sorry but true.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 16, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Or just get the game mentioned on Penny Arcade. Bam, 10,000 new players. :P

So true.  Also, a crashed/overrun server due to load :D