Author Topic: The Path of Conflagration: From Ash unto Flame  (Read 4788 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
The Path of Conflagration: From Ash unto Flame
« Topic Start: January 31, 2018, 09:42:08 PM »
End of an era... And the rebirth of opportunity. The Path of Ashes may be over, but the Conflagration has only just begun...

Letter from Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in   (1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Redhaven

...The Path has come to an end.

Religion Lost   (2 hours, 9 minutes ago)
message to everyone in The Path of the Paragons

With the loss of its last temple, your order The Path of the Paragons has lost its powers and influence, forcing it to close down. The order has been disbanded and your membership terminated.

Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in
Baroness of Sermbar

Lets take this opportunity to rekindle the [Xavax] Flame - the Old Way.

Out-of-Character from Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in   (just sent)
message to all nobles of Redhaven

:| Well that was terribly anti-climactic.

Our downfall is quite clear: we made the faith too insular and it never had a chance to gain traction. We can have a faith that deals primarily in Xavax-inspired lore, but without excluding others in the process. Its all about keeping things dynamic enough to apply to other cultures, and substantive enough to merit interaction between its members and outsiders. Unfortunately, we lacked both options.

Beside using its channel as a clandestine political faction headquarters, there was little-to-no actual interaction of faith or lore, nor development of such. If any took place it did so in private channels or long ago - making the organized religion and its channel a pointless exercise in the first place. Add the fact that our Saoi had zero tolerance for alternate ideas and excommunicated the first person who expressed a challenging view, and we were dead before the blood dried.

Since no one else can spare the time & effort to keep faith, allow me to propose a [counter-] reformation, hearkening back to the multi-national origin of Xavax faith.

I believe that a clever splicing of Paragon-Path and Phoenix-Cult, with some new ideas thrown in, will fare better than the Path did.

If anyone has any ideas, lets get the ball rolling. I have no problem making Sigrid a Priestess - as a younger character it prevents the Xavax from losing far more experienced and important characters and denying Redhaven their substantial recruitment pools.

RP was always my strong suit anyway. I can contribute far more as a diplomat and deal-pusher than an extra body on the field.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)