Author Topic: Rejected: Confidential Messages  (Read 1742 times)

Zatirri

• Marketing
  • Freeman
    • View Profile
Rejected: Confidential Messages
« Topic Start: February 02, 2018, 02:52:54 PM »
Summary: A simple way to send messages confidentially, without the sender's name being attached. So the recipient will not be aware who has sent the letter to them.

Details: A way to enable more methods of subterfuge, backstabbing and various more nefarious tasks. The cost to send a letter like this confidentially would have to be substantial enough that it's not misused, so I'd say it should cost 1 honour per use, as you're engaging in back alley dealings this would make sense from a role play perspective.

Benefits: The advantage to such a system, would mean there would be slightly more options for players to act against their own realm in preparation for betrayals, open up better possibilities to recruit for the already under utilised Secret Societies,  and to be able to leak information to certain people. Or, even to send anonymous love letters!

Negatives: The downsides, I can't imagine there are many, other than potentially encouraging more use of subterfuge, but that being a downside is subjective. An exploit would perhaps be if someone intentionally wanted to tank their honour this would be a good way, but there aren't any reasons to do that, that I know of.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:39:50 PM by Wimpie »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Confidential Messages
« Reply #1: February 02, 2018, 03:29:14 PM »
Secret Societies and the underground are the only way we're going to allow for this.

Sending messages without revealing the sender is just the perfect setup for trolling and griefing.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Confidential Messages
« Reply #2: March 07, 2018, 03:48:41 AM »
Secret Societies and the underground are the only way we're going to allow for this.

Sending messages without revealing the sender is just the perfect setup for trolling and griefing.
There exists sending messages where you just need to bribe the scribes from revealing, who you send to.

If your character want engage in secret society ways, I accepted Anaris explanation. People can plot rebellions and what-not.

Now your last part, anonymous love letter intrigued me ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)