Author Topic: Under Debate: Badge 'Achievements' system (gamification) instead of fame points  (Read 8139 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Title: Badge 'Achievements' system (gamification) instead of fame points

Summary: See title
Details:
I am not sure it was ever proposed on this forum already. If it was, don't hesitate to link it here.

But instead of the fame points which have, over the years, grown quite static as nobody is really looking into the unknown fame points anymore, why not use a badge system that you unlock badges for certain achievements. I think I vaguely remember Delvin talking about something like this.

So just to hear you out what you guys think.

The system would replace (or not?) the fame point system. Known fame points could be transferred into 'badges' that you earned. Or we could start from scratch. Unknown fame points that were not discovered yet could remain hidden until you unlock them.
What I'm not certain about is unknown fame points that probably many of you already have but they were never identified as such. (Mostly referring to this wiki page [[Fame_Box]]).

A separate page linked to your family page, or directly on your family page you could then see all the badges one has already gathered instead of just a 'number of fame' and the possibility to track it on wiki (which not everyone does).

Examples of websites or apps that use badges from the top of my head (not sure they are known to you): Tripadvisor, Swarm,..

Benefits: It would add more intrigue/interest in achieving such points. Might not add something new but it would renew the interest in gathering fame points perhaps. Also I'd work with appealing visuals (badges).

Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not sure how to handle unknown fame points which have already been attained by people (we would have to make them known),...

Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:39:42 PM by Wimpie »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)