Author Topic: Under Debate: Badge 'Achievements' system (gamification) instead of fame points  (Read 7988 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Archers are so hot right now... but my heart belongs to the (Mobile) Infantry!

Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
My interpretation has always been that while most nobles participate in combat, they are either surrounded and protected by their unit, or at its back. Thus, they only personally engage the enemy when the unit is fully embroiled in a melee.

Heroes, however, fight at the front of their unit, rallying them forward with their own courage—and potentially paying a high price for it.

Heroes don't really fight at the front though. Also the price they pay is probably not that worth it when there is a better subclass that won't get your character killed.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Heroes don't really fight at the front though.

How do you know that? I don't even know that, and I probably know the BM code better than anyone right now.

Also the price they pay is probably not that worth it when there is a better subclass that won't get your character killed.

Well, now, that's a separate issue. One that probably needs addressing at some point, but...not today.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How do you know that? I don't even know that, and I probably know the BM code better than anyone right now.

So, I will continue doing my thing as I always did as long I'm leading infantry or infantry special forces. Sometimes just leading, sometimes engaging.
Thanks.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You gain swordfighting and jousting skills in combat, you participate in combat. Debatable for ranged folks though, since they gain no skill but leadership. :P

Archery was said to be for commoners, thus why Tom always rejected requests for archery tournaments.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Archery was said to be for commoners, thus why Tom always rejected requests for archery tournaments.

So, BM turned into a world of commoners? Everyone is using archers now... but I'm happy and pleased to call them cowards while leading the infantry charge!
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
So, BM turned into a world of commoners? Everyone is using archers now... but I'm happy and pleased to call them cowards while leading the infantry charge!

You're leading archers. You're not shooting arrows with them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I remember a few RPs where they were shooting as well. But not the point and I think I may have expressed myself badly.

From the perspective of an Infantry leader, even when the archers are at the front line and the noble is just leading, he's safe and at a good distance while the arrows are destroying you, sometimes even before you reach them. Then, as you advance angrily wanting to break through the front line and finally crush them, they will always seems like cowards, just leading or firing themselves. Perspective and "propaganda".

For their part, they can just say your Infantry leader is using the Captain to advance with the troops while he just watch from the distance and send orderds by the banners.

For my part, I enjoy them all since they can be turned in a good RP. Now, achievments!?  :)

Serpentis again!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thanks for hijacking my thread entirely.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thanks for hijacking my thread entirely.

Anyway, yeah I think this new system should completely replace the current fame system.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
I think it is a good idea, I would certainly appreciate it as a player. Maybe something that integrates nicely with the Wiki?

I personally really like the idea of unknown achievements. I would want people to play this game for the game, not to 100% it. However, I would also really like achievements to become visible when you do unlock them, so you know what you did for it.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.