Author Topic: Buying region, region was poached?  (Read 10971 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Buying region, region was poached?
« Topic Start: February 11, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
Bought a region to resolve at the turn, got the successful message, but the enemy appointed a lord before the change (I assume) and the region did not flip. Shouldn't it still have flipped as I had put in the command earlier?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Buying region, region was poached?
« Reply #1: February 11, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »
Nope, if you want to be sure of getting it to go off, you need to buy it now.

Buying at the turn is for if you want some plausible deniability, but it has extra risks.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 11, 2018, 11:59:26 PM »
Can the UI be updated to explain all of these "extra risks"? Obviously some of them were not obvious, and should be spelled out in detail.
------
qui audet vincit

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 12, 2018, 12:18:51 AM »
I'm rather confident that there is text explaining that it's riskier.

EDIT: Reviewed the in-game text and the risks warning could be more explicit. Please submit a bug report for a text change.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:23:47 AM by Vita »

Alex333

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 12, 2018, 12:30:41 AM »
When I attempted it on a different continent, I think I remember the description you get was informative enough that if time was against you, you should buy the region now. In this recent situation, I would have to agree that you should have bought the region now and not the other option. I forget exactly how the description was worded but I understood it enough to come to that conclusion. If it's not clear enough to others then maybe it should be changed. Can someone post the actual words of the action here to examine?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 12, 2018, 01:19:27 AM »

EDIT: Reviewed the in-game text and the risks warning could be more explicit. Please submit a bug report for a text change.
My issue is I assumed once I put it in I had it, and that by using the stealth option I was decreasing the risk of local troops stopping me. I feel I should get the 50% back that you get for command failure.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 12, 2018, 04:26:50 AM »
We don't generally give back money that was lost for an actual bug, let alone a text that could use clarification.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 12, 2018, 05:04:03 AM »
We don't generally give back money that was lost for an actual bug, let alone a text that could use clarification.
What I feel and what's going to happen are different things :'( let me cry over this lol

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 12, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »

Thank you. Filed tracking bug: http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9216
------
qui audet vincit

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 12, 2018, 08:07:25 AM »
Well, I'm not sure y'all are talking about Evora, but the place just revolted to Redhaven while we had vast control and I was appointed Lord.

Think this is a bug.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 12, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
This war has gotten so cheesy, where the actions of a few with gimmicky mechanics completely null out the actions of the many. What used to be rare mechanics that would add some diversity to warfare now seems to have taken the biggest role, leaving rank-and-file nobles more irrelevant than ever.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 12, 2018, 02:43:31 PM »
If you're referencing the frontline martyr tactic, its... Ridiculous. I mean, where in the hell would an entire army fire at a single noble's unit and ignore a battlefield full of warriors? It just doesn't make the slightest sense.

This tactic has done a great job revealing a tactical/technical fallacy in the combat code that must be rectified as soon as possible.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 12, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »
Perhaps he's referencing the swarm of scrolls that start to get used or using cheap priest actions in an offensive fashion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 13, 2018, 03:36:35 AM »
If you're referencing the frontline martyr tactic, its... Ridiculous. I mean, where in the hell would an entire army fire at a single noble's unit and ignore a battlefield full of warriors? It just doesn't make the slightest sense.

This tactic has done a great job revealing a tactical/technical fallacy in the combat code that must be rectified as soon as possible.

I wasn't, if you are talking to me, but I also deeply despise that. Not sure what the best fix for that would be though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 14, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
I mean, where in the hell would an entire army fire at a single noble's unit and ignore a battlefield full of warriors? It just doesn't make the slightest sense.

Just hate it... pure nonsense and people are exploiting it all the time in every continent. Bug or not, code error or not... it's revolting.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!