Author Topic: Buying region, region was poached?  (Read 10972 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Buying region, region was poached?
« Reply #15: February 14, 2018, 09:57:44 PM »
If marshals could set line settings for the whole army (or if line settings was solely left up to marshals), then this kind of thing would become less common, imo, as the simplicity of making sure everyone's doing the right thing would start to outweigh the gain of the advantage of meat shield units.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 15, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »
Or... you know... you don't set all the archers to fire a single unit. But I think this is code and we are all back to "we need people".
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

GustavKuriga

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 15, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »
Or... you know... you don't set all the archers to fire a single unit. But I think this is code and we are all back to "we need people".

Archers fire at whatever is the closest line unless said line is in melee, then they fire at anything behind the melee. It isn't a setting.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 16, 2018, 12:19:22 PM »
Yeah... Just... We need to work on the archer code.

I can't in any reasonable way see even a dozen archers being stupid and dense enough to fire on the single closest guy while ignoring the giant mass of units behind him, much less a hundred to a thousand archers unloading on the front-guy heroically leading the charge while completely ignoring the entire god damn army a few steps behind him.

Its just... Wow. Even dungeon-crawler/MUD/JRPG AI isn't that stupid, and I've played a lot of those :P

If a unit reaches overkill, the others should aim elsewhere. I mean, how many dozens or hundreds of arrows pierce the same guy before you go "Hmm, maybe I should aim elsewhere."

Though that opens up a whole other bag of worms because apparently our archers have perfect godlike aim and never hit anyone other than their exact target, which is honestly something I'd like to see changed. Maybe asking too much in that case, however.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 16, 2018, 01:02:18 PM »
The fact that they have an entire line of archers with a range of 3 or 4 lines and they're shooting at the lonely meat target makes no sense. People are just exploiting it.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 16, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »
...Because 1,000 archers loosing a massive volley of arrows will *totally* land within a perfect 3-by-3 box and miss everyone else in the army, and no one else will have maybe tried aiming for the huge ocean of warm bodies a few paces behind them, because logic
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 16, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »
Just goes to show that players have found a way to manipulate an obvious flaw in the combat mechanics which the coders never planned for.

Happens. A LOT. In game development. Or, honestly, any kind of engineering really.

Someone, somewhere, will find some completely insane or ridiculous way to obsolete an entire system by uncovering an unexpected oversight.

Then, you fix/patch/redesign and become more robust than ever. :)