Author Topic: Make Battlemaster Great Again - War Overhaul  (Read 32616 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Of course. Do you think anyone knows what actually happens? But we can derive some stuff from the results of past wars. Luria Boreal for example. The war would have ended if they simply surrendered and apologized. What happened instead? They fought to the end and got destroyed. Didn't even put up a fight to be honest. However look at Farronite Republic. They surrendered when Farrowfield got sacked and they did not need to give up anything in return because they were smart about it.

Here are few other examples:

Perdan - Refused to give up their namesake city. Forced the ruler who was willing to accept the terms. After a couple battles, they accepted the same terms they originally refused.

Ibladesh - fought to the end. Got their realm split in two.

GX - fought to the end and got destroyed.

Caligus - lost a bunch of regions. Trying to get back what they lost. They probably won't since the north can't seem to win any battles recently. Maybe they will fight to the end too.
I still do not know Caligus defended Domus city, their former capital before it fall.

But Caligus with 3 regions certainly on backfoot. Not to mention Redhaven land, Krimml city got looted by Vix.

Realms started to survive more wars as the player base shrunk. People could no longer afford to set up colonies to replace existing realms. With the game stuck at 400 players, I doubt people want to destroy any realm but they probably still want to take at least a city or few regions.
I agree realms started to survive more wars. Think Nivemus on EC.

Survived the war with OI when OI hold the Kazakh Peninsula and even when Perdan(by virtue of being OI ally) tried knock on the war door hard by destroying whole Nivemus army in Kazan. How do you rebuild that whole army is how you know your own capability to survive.

Survived the war by Perdan on Nivemus on the war justification of some North tribe thing, thanks to probably the greatest Sirion General in history, Ryu. Imagined you watching Perdan army stuck on the road of 2 regions, you just need be smart to put 2 almost similar strength armies in 2 regions: From and To region Perdan army travel. Perdan army had to turn around, turn around until their units could no longer turn around. That was the war when Brock was Nivemus General and not Ruler.

Even survived war with Westmoor, Perdan which finally led to Westmoor demise and even Fane brief founding.

Nivemus even got a brief chance to war with Vix Tiramora and even our army came to Vix mountains and rural lands looting.

Nivemus even got chance to almost absorb OI whole lands, but Nivemus only managed to get Duchy of Kalmar through its former Emperor agreement but new Emperor proved tough to Brock charms, that was before the ice melted in the south and many characters migrated from sunken continents.

Probably the only war where Nivemus army got wiped out by Perdan while helping Perleone who was still its ally under attack from Perdan. It was a massacre of whole army. It was probably my character greatest regret as one by one the south realms started to fall under Perdan hegemony since then.

My character Brock was Nivemus Ruler through majority of these wars.

Now I feel my character has achieved a lot, that he has reached the stage where he may not be able to do more. Brock will do something soon.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)