Author Topic: Make Battlemaster Great Again - War Overhaul  (Read 32408 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
3) Bring back wealth tax

Gabanus- I agree with Delvin's view on introducing it, but making it optional.

I like this wealth tax idea. In medieval age, nobles and common folk are expected to contribute towards their countries. Common folk contribute farm grains(food) since they do not have wealth. While nobles contribute wealth or if they prefer fighting, they join the army. In this current time and age, we have income tax where the wealthy are being taxed more than the poorer.

7) Make religious takeovers factor in realm sympathy and a bunch of new factors to make it almost impossible to pull off, at least when done on human-held lands. Enable it anew in rogue lands.

- What is the reasoning behind this needing any change? I have not seen a RTO in ages myself. So did I miss something here? And allowing this for rogue regions will just mess up Dwilight entirely I fear. Then priests become the only ones to TO and then the army just marches to defend and we'll see quite some expansions lowering the density further.
I remember my character who was a Priestess conducted RTO on rogue lands, it was very long time ago. It is probably the fastest Takeover compared to other types of Takeover. If you wish to balance this RTO out, you can give a % chance where the rogue(can be bandit who govern the small villages) to capture the priest. Also maybe balance on how many numbers of the priest religion followers in that region that can protect the priest from harm after failed RTO. So the priest at the very least must put in some efforts to preach and convert followers in that region before the priest can conduct RTO. We do not want everyone to turn and become Priests and conduct RTO easily, which is the fastest Takeover type.

Gabanus: 13) Add a "Demesne" alternative to lordships, where a region goes lordless without penalties other than a tax penalty or 100% of it going to the communal pot. Referendums don't run for it in democracies. The game has too many regions like Wasteland and the Desert of Silhouettes that don't deserve putting any nobles to them, but which in some cases must be taken for a number of other reasons.

Chenier: Large hollowed out realms are bad. But splitting large hollowed our realms into multiple small hollowed out realms is not any better. Arguably, it is worse.
A much more precise point here. We have issue where lands more than nobles numbers can support.

Let put a case here for some review. On EC, there is Nivemus. We have many regions lordless. Gabanus know this idea of mine. Now if I ask the Dukes to split up our realm into 2 realms(Nivemus+1 new realm), we are still not any better in terms of regions lordless and few nobles. New realm still has some lordless regions while Nivemus remains same. Now I like Gabanus idea here to penalize those realms with lordless regions. I can foresee people going to abandon their outer lands to become rogue and consolidate their realm inner lands. Perhaps in near future when their realm has more nobles than lords, they will return to reclaim the former rogue outer lands.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)