Author Topic: Adventurer Stalls  (Read 2045 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Adventurer Stalls
« Topic Start: February 12, 2018, 02:56:51 PM »
Okay so I wanted to poke around and get opinions of those people who actively play adventurers since I no longer do.

We had this long time standing feature request (approved, by the way) about having Adventurer Stalls. An Advy could set up a stall in a certain region, stay with it and have other advies buy the stuff that the guy puts in his still. Of course there would be some restrictions, conditions, requirements, fees, costs,.. but those could be detailed out at a later stage.

My question would be, would this feature still serve much purpose? Looking at the playerbase and probably the diminishing amount of advies still around, would you still be interested in this?

I'm not interested in putting time & effort in something that would barely get used.

So opinions are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:26:31 AM by Wimpie »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Stalls
« Reply #1: February 12, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »
This would be both a great RP tool, as well as an opportunity to offload some unwanted loot to those who actually need/want it. Hopefully it wouldn't be abusable, however. Sell something pricey, arrest advie, profit.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 12, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »
Would make advy game a lot better for sure. Not getting taxed is always nice  ;)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 12, 2018, 08:29:51 PM »
Would make advy game a lot better for sure. Not getting taxed is always nice  ;)

Never said there wouldn't be taxes!

Or you'd have to place your stall on the black market, hmmmm
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 13, 2018, 01:24:56 AM »
Here is what I think:

BattleMaster is a game driven by player interaction. Don't get me wrong, I think the game itself has been built brilliantly, but I don't play it to simply click "Orders", "Repair Equipment", "There are no smithy's in this region"... I play it for the RP and interaction with real people.

I have two current Adventurers, and I gotta say, it is boring as hell. The only place I have had decent fun is on Dwilight with the Royal Rangers Guild, but even so it is more just a guild for selling stuff.

Most of the time, the only interaction between Adventurers is "Hey bro, here's a link for group 4. Oh, you have already peaced out of the region? Guess I will just go back to being quiet..."

So I am SUPER in support of anything that increases player interaction. This seems like a step in the right direction to me!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.