Author Topic: A Publicity Idea  (Read 8961 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
A Publicity Idea
« Topic Start: March 02, 2018, 01:36:33 AM »
Ok, so I emailed Tom about this, then PM'd him, but never got any reply.

So I want to open it up to the forum, and get some insight from the Devs, the Mods, and of course the other players!

I am currently writing a novel based on the experiences of several of my BM characters. My idea was to polish it up and publish it in eBook format for free, with a foreword explaining how everything in the book was based off of real interactions between real people in-game, advertising the game. If there were any small amount of success, I thought it could expand into more novels or novellas or even a collection of short stories compiled from other players who enjoy writing.

This brings me to my first question, the largest hurdle, the thing I really need a response from Tom for. What is the deal with the rights for the things that happen in Battle Master? I assume that all characters and interactions are technically owned by Tom, since he owns the game? Basically I am under the impression that only Tom needs to sign off on this adventure for it to be possible.

Second question, does anyone think this would have any chance of drawing people to the game? I consider myself a capable writer, but I am hardly a professional. I don't even know if anyone would read it.

So that is my idea. I would love any feedback/insight/knowledge about the rights issue.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.