Author Topic: Why did Greater Xavax <Insert Action>?  (Read 9189 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Why did Greater Xavax <Insert Action>?
« Topic Start: March 16, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
Why did Selenia not execute Gilth straight up? Other than it would make for boring game play lol.

She was 100% ready to kill him herself, having no reason at all to trust the Vix invaders or an unannounced "defector" that wanted infiltrate her court. I was actually looking forward to doing so. I remember warning you OOC how likely it was to happen. But you Gildre's have a stubborn streak. He surrendered honorably and with eminent respect and shortly had half the Phoenix Court speaking out in his favor, chief among which was Cadewyn Thunderborn who vowed to accept whatever consequences Selenia deemed fitting if Gilth ever betrayed her trust.

From a player perspective I was just happy to have another player in the mix. Both I and Selenia would have liked the propaganda bonus and insider information a defector brings, though sadly Gilth was not of much use in either sense. His presence and participation in the Imperial Court, however, seemed to have a notably calming effect on the Xavax's Savagery streak. He humanized the Vix, somewhat at least, and confirmed that the only real reason Vix had joined  the War against Xavax was to prevent them from becoming more powerful than they already were.

In the end, Gilth proved to be more Xavax then most and his death was long and deeply lamented. I do believe Selenia canonized him as a hero of Xavax before the Path of Ashes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:43:14 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"