Author Topic: Why did Greater Xavax <Insert Action>?  (Read 9114 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Why did Greater Xavax <Insert Action>?
« Topic Start: March 22, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »

Why did Greater Xavax not stay in Xavax city for an epic last stand instead of the silly anticlimactic trip north? (One that only didn't end up to be a disaster thanks to Barrett being the nicest judge in the history btw)

A good, oft-asked question. Every decision related to this was openly discussed in the Imperial High Command military channel prior to being implemented. For years, the ever-pragmatic Talon Lionel Kinsey pestered Selenia about having an exit strategy, both privately and in IHC. She refused to even consider the notion, instead focusing ALL of her energy on shifting the diplomatic landscape of the East Continent to give GX hope of a fighting chance. Then Iuz Crownguard, GX's Duke of Isadril, defected, ripping the economic guts out of the Imperial war machine. Total defeat became inevitable at that point, along with the assurance that the Imperium would be dissolved and everyone who'd fought and died for it would be scattered and/or forgotten.

Not only was that idea entirely unacceptable to her, it made Lionel's then-merely unpalatable suggestion infinitely preferable. He sold her on the notion that by breaking north, the Imperium could live and fight on in SOME form. That it was at least possible for her people to survive without being stripped of their identities and sacrifices. So she gave the order on the day of the solar eclipse for extra symbolism, taking full public responsibility so as not to inhibit Lionel's ability to lead without her. At the time, she herself planned to stay behind and man the walls to the last, but she was convinced at the last minute that she'd be more  useful to her cause alive then dead. It did not work as I planned or expected, but the recently formed realm of Redhaven stands, in my mind at least, as a testament to dauntless, tenacious nature of the Xavax people.

As a player, I saw the writing on the wall just like everyone else did, but I truly felt the Xavax players had forged something special and I didn't want that to be lost. I thought it would be a cool idea to see how they, as a coherent group, might change the boring-ness that the north was infamous for.

In short, She/I didn't want to lose the war, so instead changed it, sacrificing our home in exchange for a future shot at victory.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:37:18 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"