Author Topic: Infiltrators and Tournaments?  (Read 2844 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Infiltrators and Tournaments?
« Topic Start: December 17, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »
Sorry if this already exists as a topic (I couldn't find it if it does..) But can infiltrators attend tournaments?

I announced a tournament in my region (Alebad on the Colonies) and I get notifications of tournament actions (such as free beer at tavern, messages from tourny grounds, lords showing off.. etc.) But I don't have a tournament option on the navigation pane.. Is this expected or a bug?
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrators and Tournaments?
« Reply #1: December 17, 2018, 03:51:30 PM »
I think they can't...? Because of... reasons...?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 17, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »
Infiltrators and government members cannot attend tournaments. And hosts can't attend their own tournament (they are 'attending' as an observer). Who would feel right besting the host of the tournament?

Reasons are infiltrators would be unfair competition for rest of nobles and so that other player's characters can have something fun to do without the government member characters dominating/doing everything themselves/hogging all the fun stuff for themselves.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 17, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
Infiltrators and government members cannot attend tournaments. And hosts can't attend their own tournament (they are 'attending' as an observer). Who would feel right besting the host of the tournament?

Reasons are infiltrators would be unfair competition for rest of nobles and so that other player's characters can have something fun to do without the government member characters dominating/doing everything themselves/hogging all the fun stuff for themselves.

That used to be true.

Nowadays, I don't really see how ex-advies are any more fair than infils. Most infils don't have the highest swordfighting skills anymore. And with dwindling population... would seem fair, to me at least, to allow infils to join tournaments now.

And all gov members at least as observers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 18, 2018, 01:21:08 AM »
That used to be true.

Nowadays, I don't really see how ex-advies are any more fair than infils. Most infils don't have the highest swordfighting skills anymore. And with dwindling population... would seem fair, to me at least, to allow infils to join tournaments now.

And all gov members at least as observers.

What people no longer make advies just to train swordfighting for the eventual change to infil?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.