BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Why did Greater Xavax <Insert Action>?

<< < (2/4) > >>

GustavKuriga:

--- Quote from: JeVondair on March 17, 2018, 08:50:54 PM ---
Because Robb Starfall irritated her.

That's the short/silly answer, the long answer is that Selenia had always intended to absorb Alara, but wanted a credible cassus belli to do so. Furthermore, she needed a war and Alara had made itself her primary target after thier interference with her successor, Xerarch Magnus. Sayuki's unexpected defection came just as Selenia came into power at the end of the Xavax Civil Wars. The Xavax were at one another's throats, nobles slaying each other over insults, Xavax was a powder keg that was holding together by a thread and a prayer. The fastest way to hammer the Xavax back together would be to focus them against an external other. She kept Sayuki as part of an extended diplomatic campaign to bait Alara into crossing a line that would justify Xavax declaring war against them, or better yet, the reverse. None of the other rulers were taken in by that, of course, turned out to be a major miscalculation of hers in the end.

--- End quote ---

I always found that period when the rebellion started interesting, because many of the rebels regarded Sayuki with a sort of "Et tu, Brute?" reaction when he sided with the loyalists.

JeVondair:
There was a lot happening at the time, and I was planning to retire Selenia at the time to become the sort of silent senior noble in GX while I focused my player energy on Rania; so I hope I was able to provide the details you were looking for!

steelabjur@aol.com:

--- Quote from: JeVondair on March 18, 2018, 03:53:03 PM ---There was a lot happening at the time, and I was planning to retire Selenia at the time to become the sort of silent senior noble in GX while I focused my player energy on Rania; so I hope I was able to provide the details you were looking for!

--- End quote ---

That's funny, I was thinking of retiring Aramon to courtier and maybe priest work when I had him join GX, since I'm not a very active player normally. One of motivating factors of me joining GX was the presence of    David Wierbiki (Iuz Vidar Crownguard), who I consider a friend, and I think one or two others I knew. Things just sort of happened from there.  :P

MTYL:
Why did Greater Xavax not stay in Xavax city for an epic last stand instead of the silly anticlimactic trip north? (One that only didn't end up to be a disaster thanks to Barrett being the nicest judge in the history btw)

Barrett:
Didn't I chop off Corvo's head as Chester though MTYL? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version