Author Topic: A Publicity Idea  (Read 8886 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: A Publicity Idea
« Reply #15: March 07, 2018, 11:07:21 PM »
Yes, Fiona only ever dealt with Kronagos Catherine. Brock was after her time, but I appreciate it!

Honestly, if a player had a problem with me using their character, then I would simply make up a character to fill the void. I have zero problems with that, and I respect intellectual property.

In addition, all "perspectives" will be from the point of view of my own characters, plus one other player who has graciously allowed me to include their character as a main for my story. So I won't be doing anything with anyone's characters that wasn't done in-game (or as close as I can). As it is written and as characters come up in the story, I intend to try to reach out to those players and ensure they have no qualms with their character having a part in the story.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #16: March 16, 2018, 07:45:24 PM »
Should I msg Cadewyn's player?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 16, 2018, 09:40:56 PM »
I would hugely appreciate that Jev, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?

Obviously, Cadewyn plays a pretty big role in the story, and while it is quite a ways down the road from where I am currently, it is good to start thinking about. I would love to have her permission to include her character. If she is willing, would you be able to ask her if she would be willing to draft up a quick character sheet for me as well? I have gotten a few from other players, and they have proven invaluable in capturing the characters.

While we are on the topic, what are your feelings about Selenia being in the story, or rather, how do you feel about me portraying her character? While I am not writing the perspective of any other characters, there are a certain few characters that have met Gilth of Fiona that I am hesitant to even write about, in the fear I will fail to do them justice. Selenia would be one of those.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #18: April 02, 2018, 09:15:30 PM »
While we are on the topic, what are your feelings about Selenia being in the story, or rather, how do you feel about me portraying her character? While I am not writing the perspective of any other characters, there are a certain few characters that have met Gilth of Fiona that I am hesitant to even write about, in the fear I will fail to do them justice. Selenia would be one of those.

First of all, thank you for asking me. It's an honor. I'll say publicly that I really don't mind when other writers borrow one of my characters so long as they don't break those characters by enforcing uncharacteristic actions etc or otherwise assume ownership of my characters, you know?  that's the only common courtesy I would insist upon. If you have any questions about any of the JeVondiars, I would be happy to be a resource for you.

Good luck on your project!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zatirri

• Marketing
  • Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 08, 2018, 07:15:25 AM »
If it's not done for profit, I'd have thought it'd fall under the same kind of thing as fan fiction for any other game.
I can't foresee any issue with licencing.